The 2-Minute Rule!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Are you a list-maker? I’m notorious when it comes to writing my to-dos. Having said that, recently I learned a little trick from Laicie that made my list-writing-habit a bit less hectic. So if you are feeling a dash overwhelmed with how long your lists are, try this simple 2-minute rule! It will help.

Here is how it goes: if you think of something you need to do that would take two minutes or less, do it right then. Don’t wait, because all of that planning and organizing and putting it on your list will take longer than the task itself. Not only will you save time, but you’ll get the productivity ball rolling in the right direction. It really works and I quickly realized how much time I wasted by planning to do things instead of actually doing them!

Best part is, you can apply it to everything from emails, daily chores, phone calls to even creative ideas that just popped into your mind. Try it! (Will you?). xo

P.S: Genius 2 minutes workout and 10 000 hours.
P.P.S: Wash your bowl and 5 nifty ways to care for yourself when you're too busy!

(Photo by A 1000 Threads)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make lists too and I loose them all the time. I am trying this. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jill. Same here:)

Vintage Market Place said...

I adore making lists. It keeps me on task and my brain is slipping so it helps me remember what i was supposed to do lol. I also love crossing things off. It gives me such a great feeling of accomplishment ;)
Amy

Art Farm said...

I love making lists! I took a class through work called Getting Things Done and this 2 minute rule was something they encouraged. If it took longer, you put it on the list. Funny thing is, I'll do this at work, but I haven't thought to do this in my non-working life. So thank you for this reminder. Maybe it will leave me feeling less frantic when I have too much on the to-do list. xo, Katie

Melissa Blake said...

Oh, i neeeed this! my list seems to be getting longer by the day!

Diana Mieczan said...

Melissa :)

Crafty Lumberjacks said...

Great tips!! Big list makers over here!

Pixelhazard said...

I;m such a list maker. It calms me down. Definitely follow your 2 minute rule already otherwise you're right, it can get overwhelming


Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

Steph said...

I ALWAYS have a list on the go. Someone shared this tip with me a while ago and it definitely helps, but other times I just like the act of writing it down and crossing it off anyway. Hahaha.

PhotoPuddle said...

I have this rule except it is the one minute rule for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk