Street Ballet

Wednesday, May 14, 2014







Le sigh, how astonishing are those photographs by the New York dance photographer Luis Pons?
Interestingly enough, he started his career capturing his dancer friends as a way of coping with depression, which eventually became his full time job and passion. Capturing so much beauty and framing a fleeting moment helped him survive and gave him a sense of control. Ever since I stumbled upon his series of NYC ballerinas gracefully taking over New York streets, I haven't been able to stop swooning over it. So much beauty, grace and poise.

It blows my mind that it takes about 1/500th of a second to capture something so mesmerizing! xo

P:S: New beginnings.
P.P.S: Ballerina's feet and legs.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! -Ola

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola :)

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

Dreamy!

Pixelhazard said...

These shots are so pretty


Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

Pamela Bates said...

dance and nyc. two of my favorite things combined.

sigh.......

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Stunning shots, thanks for sharing! And I love that first ombre-stripey outfit :-)

Hildi said...

Sigh! I wish I had their grace, poise and body!

Jillian Manesh said...

gorgeous photos! they remind me of dancing branflakes :) :)
xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Tiffany Kadani said...

WHAT?! A new ballet photographer? I must email him! Thanks for the tip!

Art Farm said...

Stunning!! :) -Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Pamela:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ha, so true, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, so much, Marieken:)

Steph said...

Beautiful :)

Luis Pons said...

Thank you for posting my work. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk