Slip-on Sneakers: Thumbs up or down?

Monday, May 19, 2014





Recently I read that easy-going slip-on sneakers are this spring's must haves. Even our friend who flew in on Friday with her husband for a visit, swears by them too. She said they were the most versatile shoes she'd ever worn and the most comfortable too. Supposedly they go great with work-wear like snazzy skirts, blouses or even dresses, but they also look sassy with simple grey tees and jeans for after-work drinks. I tried on her black pair yesterday with my grey jeans and I must admit, I'm kind of smitten! Thoughts? xo

P.S: Also, embroidered take on spring and Sprezzatura state of style.
P.P.S: Plus, here you can read all about my perfect Sunday. Thanks to Kirby and Alexa for having me!

(Photos via/by Art Symphony, Fashion over Reason, Mija, Who What Wear and LA Cool & Chic)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure at first but I think now I want to try a simple black pair like the one you linked to. Jill

Vintage Market Place said...

They are the most easy and comfy sneaker. When you live here everyone takes their shoes off to enter houses. To be able to slip in and out is so nice. I must say i have Vans over the high priced trendy styles. I just stick with the classics ;)
Amy

Art Farm said...

Absolutely! They are so comfy and I love the easy on and off factor. -Katie

Mandy Doornenbal said...

Thumbs up, for sure!

Monica | Hola!design said...

Love this look! Need a pair ASAP!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Yes! I've been looking for something similar to the ones in the picture with the big bright orange bag.

Carried Away said...

I love them as well. I am looking for the perfect pair as we speak and I can't decide on a colour. I am inclined to go with black but also something more colourful or a print would be nice.

That's Not My Age said...

I like how they look but bought a pair of Vans recently & I don't find them very comfortable (I know, who would've thought it?), so it's a thumbs down from me.

Bryony said...

Really cute. Definitely the sort of thing I'd spend most days walking around town in to do errands or head to play dates with the boys. Thanks for the idea on what to make my belated birthday present!

Steph said...

Thumbs up! I slip on my converse the same way ;)

LyddieGal said...

I love sneakers on others, just not on myself. Some of these are so cute though! I love the leopard print!
Chic on the Cheap

Eliza Jane said...

Oooh I love them. Especially the ones in the very first picture!! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk