Peonies: This and That

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Have you scored some peonies already this season? Eek, just yesterday I spotted someone carrying a bunch, so it must mean they are slowly but surely popping up around the city!

Honestly, I couldn’t be more excited since for me, peony season means the beginning of sunshine, green grass, ice cream and wiggly toes. I can’t wait to treat myself to a bunch and try out Melissa’s double sided tape trick. Have you heard about it?




Supposedly, if you divide your vase into small sections before placing your flowers inside, those stunning blooms won't be jammed and will create a beautiful little arrangement that you can enjoy for days to come…(Here is the full how to).

Btw: I also just read about a great little tip to longer lasting blooms that makes so much sense. Here it is: make sure to trim the ends of your peonies just before submerging them in water, because flowers take a "breath" as soon as they are cut and the air messes with their ability to take in water. Ha, who knew? (Plus, if you combine it with this trick, they will last for a long time).

Don't you just love them?

P.S: Remember this peony farm? Le sigh!
P.P.S: Little things in life...

(Photos by Style Me Pretty Living)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the tape idea and I cannot wait to get some this week. My all time fave flowers! Jill

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Love the tape idea. I always cut the flowers before putting them in a vase. When roses start to get soggy, I cut them again under the flower and move them to smaller vases or bowls, and the last a couple of days more.

Eliza Jane said...

peonies! I absolutely love them.

oliviajamie said...

It's the little things, isn't it?

Jillian Manesh said...

so beautiful! they are one of my favorite flowers. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Kelly said...

Peonies are my absolute favorite. Now, if it would finally get above 50 degrees here, THEN it would really feel like spring!

Camila Faria said...

What a great trick! But I have to say I prefer planted flowers. They last sooo much longer...

Camila Faria said...

What a great trick! But I have to say I prefer planted flowers. They last sooo much longer...

Art Farm said...

I love this arrangement tip! I spotted some peonies at the florist over the weekend. I'm going to have to go back and get some. Definitely one of my favorite flowers. xo, Katie

Mandy Doornenbal said...

Such a clever idea! Peonies are the most beautiful flowers.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, what a great idea! Thank you and it makes so much sense.

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Eliza:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ah, it totally is, Olivia:) xo

Diana Mieczan said...

I'm with you on that, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kelly, fingers crossed for warmer weather:)

Diana Mieczan said...

They surely do, Camila and Katie, you totally should go back and get some:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mandy, I agree!

Steph said...

Beautiful. The cutting the ends trick is something I learned as a kid from my mom who is a florist :)

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome that your mom is a florist, Steph:) I LOVE that! Wish I could be a florist.

Ela said...

What beautiful flowers ! I love peonies ! Greetings

Diana Mieczan said...

Ela :)

send flowers to philippines said...

I've never seen a peonies before! its pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk