Nifty Asparagus Trick

Monday, May 19, 2014

Do you like asparagus? Steamed asparagus and 6-minute eggs is my favourite lunch of choice these days and till recently I had no idea how to properly store this scrumptious veggie. Surprisingly, it’s very easy and you can extend its life for up to 2 weeks if you just do a few simply things.

Here is how it works: simply cut off about an inch of the tough bottom ends before placing the stems into a jar with 2 inches of water, covering it loosely with a plastic bag and place it in the refrigerator till needed. So easy, isn't it?

What's your favourite take on asparagus? xo

P.S: I'm making this sandwich for lunch today.
P.P.S: Yum - baked asparagus fries!

(Photo by Henry Happened)


Anonymous said...

I love your food trick posts. They work so well for me. Thanks. Jill

Claudz said...

great tip! Thanks for sharing

Jillian Manesh said...

awesome tip! i need to try this sometime. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

LyddieGal said...

Good to know - I do love asparagus! I've never had it with eggs, but now I'd love to try!
Chic on the Cheap

Art Farm said...

Fantastic and easy tip! I'm going to try this the next time I buy some asparagus. -Katie

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Really? So easy!

Steph said...

Another great tip. One of my favorite veggies, and in season now - yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk