Lilac For Spring: Thumbs up or down?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014






How do you feel about lilac for spring? According to New York Magazine, lilac in all shades is the it hue for spring and summer. Supposedly, it’s one of those colours that suits most skin tones and will make you feel refreshed, sassy and elegant whether you wear it as a dress or a pair of pants. I’m not sure if I could pull off a full-on lilac dress, but I surely fancy the idea of wearing my favourite jeans with a pastel lilac silk blouse or a boatneck top and nude lipstick. Thumbs up or down? xo

P.S: Swoonworthy!
P.P.S: How about a dash of pink or yellow?

(Photos by/via The Sartorialist, Who What Wear, Wayne Tippetts, The Pursuit Aesthetic, Cupcakes and Cashmere, Olympia, My Fash Avenue)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am considering getting a lilac chiffon dress for my best friend's wedding this July. I love all shades of purple, lilac and pink. Jill

desiree Hanlon said...

Girl, you are my new favorite blog! Found you a week ago and loving every post. Im obsessed with lilac right now!

Merry Meri said...

I love lilac, so feminine and cheery, though I admit I don't own too much of it (going to have to change that!!) Hope you're having a wonderful week! xox

Art Farm said...

My first thought was No, absolutely not. Not for me. It would just wash me out, but after looking at these beautiful photos, I am completely taking it all back. It's all about finding the right shade to complement your skin tone. But I'm with you Diana, a full on lilac outfit would be a bit much, but mixed with jeans (maybe white jeans) and it would be lovely. xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

thumbs UP to the lilac pants! so pretty! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Carried Away said...

I love it. It look so pretty. I have a top that has lilac and white print and it compliments my blond looks.

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

It's beautiful, so whimsical. I wouldn't be able to do a dress either, maybe a flowy skirt or a top :)

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Now I definitely want to add some lilac into my wardrobe!

Pixelhazard said...

I'm all over lilac at the moment. Jacket, shirt , loafers and heels. I'm sure more will follow if I find it


Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

Pamela Bates said...

yes.
that gown (third down, right) is absolutely stunning.

and yes to LilacS too. my favorite flower.

Hildi said...

Yup, I definitely have a thing for lilac. For years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk