Jarred Plants

Monday, May 19, 2014

Whenever I walk to our favourite bakery, I pass a little coffee shop that I have a total crush on. The whole place has this very minimal style that I love and I often find  myself spotting fun styling ideas for our flat. So when recently they added a bunch of acorn plants and magnolia branches to their décor, I literally gasped. The thing is that they are not your usual potted plants. Instead of putting them in soil, the owner placed them in lovely big, round jars and vases filled with water. I love the idea of showing off roots, don't you? Plus, growing your own avocado or acorn tree at home will always make for a great conversation starter! What do you think? xo

P.S: How to create your own urban herb garden.
P.P.S: Pond in a glass:)

(Photos by/via Splendid Willow, The Kitchn, Link Deco)


Anonymous said...

It looks fresh and stylish. I want/need it too. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

LOVE these plants! they are gorgeous! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Steph said...

Hm, these could be really cool for the tables at our wedding! And/or my desk at work which is sadly currently plant-less.

The Regular Joe said...

Love your blog

It's similar to what I'm doing at home
check - http://theregjoe.blogspot.co.il/2010/12/perfume-plant-house.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk