Homemade Iced Green Mango Tea

Monday, May 12, 2014

I have no idea how or why but I often find myself forgetting to drink throughout the day and only by the evening I realize I am super thirsty and very dehydrated. Does that happen to you too?

Somehow with the daily busyness, I forget to drink as often as I should. So a while ago, I figured that if there is something super healthy and very appealing waiting for me in the fridge, it will trigger my brain to reach for it more regularly. So, here it is, the perfect spring/summer ice tea, packed with goodness and all things healthy like mango, mint and honey. This gem will provide you with a steady, scrumptious and refreshing source of hydration and the power of antioxidants throughout the day. As soon as you take a sip, you will taste the mix of sweet mango, refreshing mint, stimulating green tea and soothing honey. Go on, make a pitcher and share it with friends! Cheers!

Homemade Iced Green Mango Tea with Mint
(Recipe adapted from Sneh - Cook Republic. Makes 8 servings).

- 4 green tea bags
- 6 cups hot water 
- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 lemon 
- 1 smaller fresh mango (pieces)
- large handful of mint leaves
- 4-6 lemon slices to serve
- 1 cup ice cubes to serve

Place tea bags in a large heat proof pitcher. Fill with hot water and allow to steep for 3 minutes (not longer, as you don't want your tea to become bitter). Remove tea bags and discard. Add honey and lemon juice to the brewed tea. Mix well and set aside. Place half of your cut up mango pieces with a bit of water in a small cooking pot and simmer it on a very low fire until the fruit gets mushy and falls apart easily. Next, pour in the mango mix into the tea, add the other half of the mango pieces and the mint leaves. Mix well and allow to cool completely before chilling it in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. Serve with lemon slices and ice. It can easily stay in your fridge for up to 2 days. Ta dah!

Darlings, what's your favourite summer drink? Would you try this one? xo

P.S: Sun tea = yum!
P.P.S: Plus, the energy boosting chia fresca and those jazzy takes on water!

(Photos and layout by exPress-o)


Anonymous said...

OMG, it looks almost too pretty to drink and I bet it tastes great. It will surely be our go to drink this summer. Thanks a lot. My husband and kids love mango.

Steph said...

Oh wow! That looks delicious. A great summer recipe. Also, those photos are stunning. What camera/lens are you using? xo

Pamela Bates said...

well, i think i have to take a break to make something similar. i don't have any mango but i do have oranges and lemons. away I go.

(love your pics and layout Diana. nicely done!)

Mary Jo Matsumoto said...

That looks delish! These days the drink that gets me through long hot days and eves is seltzer and cranberry juice on ice. I love how refreshing it is.

xo Mary Jo

Art Farm said...

I have this problem too! This sounds delicious! I never thought of putting mango in an iced tea, but that sounds wonderful. My favorite summer drink is what we call an Arnold Palmer, half lemonade half iced-tea. OMG! So delicious! xo, Katie

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

I keep bottles of water all over the place so I remember to drink some. I currently have a large bottle on my desk, and two small ones in the kitchen and by my bed. I'm saving this recipe for when mangoes come back into season xoxox

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Looks great, and I love your food photo's! I always have trouble to make food look good :-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...that is so sweet of you to say, Anonymous :) Btw: we are hooked on mangos as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Steph! I use the standard Nikon D50 with CPL 52mm filter( the polarizer).

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela, oh yes, oranges and lemons will work too. Thanks for the sweet comment.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yum, Mary Jo:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds so good, Katie!!! Btw: Mango adds such a wonderful taste to this mix. You should totally give it a go.

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha, that is a good idea!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...you are the sweetest, Marieken :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk