Exotic Fruit Challenge!

Thursday, May 15, 2014


What’s the most exotic fruit you ever tasted? For me it has to be rambutan. It looks like a fuzzy bug on the outside and tastes like a sweet grape on the inside. The sad part is that lately whenever I get fruits, I go for our "safe five" (mango, blueberries, strawberries, grapes and bananas) instead of mixing things up with something more funky.

So after reading Kayla’s post about her fruit tasting adventure, I got an idea to challenge myself (and you, if you are up for it) to get more adventures with our fruit buying. So, how about for the remaining two and a half weeks of May we all try 5 totally new, exotic and funky fruits we can find in Whole Foods, the market, a local fruit shop, you name it. Are you game? I will make sure to post about what we chose early next month. Can't wait to hear what you came up with! xo

P.S: The fruits above are: rambutan, pear cactus,  kiwano, cherimoya, dragon fruit, passion fruit and white Thai coconut. Don't they look awesome?
P.P.S: Summer chocolate fondue 2 ways!

(Photos by Kayla)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do this too. The most exotic fruit I ever ate is probably Indian mulberry. It doesn't smell great but it's very healthy. You usually eat it raw with salt or in a stew. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

wow! apparently i need to expand my fruit horizons :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Fun challenge! The most exotic fruit I've had is passion fruit. But I've always been curious about dragon fruit. They are so cool looking! -Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Jill! Also, Indian mulberry sounds so interesting.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian - me too :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love passion fruit so much, Katie...It goes so well with a crisp:)

Carried Away said...

Oh my god I am so lost when it comes to exotic fruits. In our Thailand honeymoon we tried local fruits but I can't remember the names anymore. I would love to enter the challenge. I will start with papaya :)

Steph said...

When I lived in Colombia, my favourite thing was the exotic fruit. The best? Tiny mangoes that were the sweetest, juiciest little things. And then there were mamones which you take out of their hard shell and scrape the flesh off with your front teeth like a squirrel. And pitaya and zaptoes guayaba and I could go on but I will stop!

sarayh said...

Have you tried durian? I tastes good I swear! Especially out of the freezer. Just ignore the smell...

va said...

I just had a dragonfruit drink smoothie at a place yesterday ! I am in the same boat , love fruits but exotic fruits are best especially mangosteen .
other berries i like are - blackberries , lingonberries like in Ikea , etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk