Dreamy San Francisco Backyard

Thursday, May 8, 2014






As much as I love the hustle and bustle of the busy city life, I often find myself daydreaming about having a back garden where I can plant some herbs, tomatoes, strawberries and fruit trees. How about you?

So when I spotted Courtney’s stunning new place in California, I literally gasped! A while ago, Courtney and her husband Zach made a decision to leave NYC behind and start fresh in San Francisco. Part of their move was about reclaiming a more balanced lifestyle, like starting gardening or simply cutting down on their work hours. They wanted to take a step back and allow themselves to slow down. So now they are living in a beautiful home with this amazing garden where they grow spinach, fava beans, carrots, beets, plus a mixed variety of lettuces. Recently they even added apricot plants that Zach managed to grow from pits, and if that is not enough, they also have hummingbirds visiting them pretty regularly:). How perfect is that?

Where do you live? Do you like it or do you crave a change? Do you have a garden, a yard or maybe a balcony or a terrace? Do tell. xo

P.S: A rooftop garden in Brooklyn and this stunning organic flower farm in Skagit Valley!
P.P.S: Remember this farm?

(Photos by Jamie)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same. I love how close everything is but sometimes (especially during summer) I miss just popping out to the backyard to relax.

Camila Faria said...

I feel the same way. I always wanted to have a big backyard with lots of space for herbs and fruit trees... Maybe someday!

Mary Jo said...

Oh my, this little garden just puts me to shame. I have no excuse for not having a better tended garden. The lavender, mint and oregano I planted 4 years ago grows wild, but I haven't done much else and I would still love to try raised beds.

xo Mary Jo

Steph said...

How lovely. We live in a teeny one bedroom flat right now, but we have an amazing deal on rent in the most expensive area of London, super central and we can both walk to work. It lacks three things: a sofa, a bathtub and a little garden area where I can plant tomatoes and basil!

Art Farm said...

Such a beautiful garden! I live in Chicago and have a backyard and have a wonderful landlord who is going to re-do the garden so we can grow more veg. I do wish for a more country life at times. Slow down some, but I do also love the hustle and bustle and all the goings on of city life. It would be great to have a cottage in the country and an apartment in the city. A girl can dream! xo, Katie

Annie said...

This is DREAMY Diana! I LOVE San Francisco. I almost moved there this year actually and if I had, I definitely would have wanted a place like this :)

Jillian Manesh said...

wow such a dream! i cant wait to have a backyard and lots of plants someday :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

Oh Diana, you'll adding fuel to my desire to visit SF. I'm a city girl through and through but when we eventually plan our next trip to the US, I want to make it out to SF. Two of my favourite stores are based out there and the place just looks enticing and laid back. I imagine it would be a great place for a staycation too xoxox

HelloSweetcheeks said...

gorgeous spot! I love those covered wooden boxes too. Dream backyard, for sure!

Nat @ dear little house said...

Love the concrete table!

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, I know how important location is in London:) Your flat sounds lovely.

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, you have such a wonderful landlord...aww..

Diana Mieczan said...

Annie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha, SF is my Balazs' favourite city, ever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk