Carrying quite a load!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Crikey, Vietnamese motor-bikers really have their hands and bikes full, don’t they? My friend who spent a year in Vietnam sent me this photo series by Hans Kemp saying that it’s an exact representation of daily commute she still remembers from her time there. Supposedly those bikers take up to a few rounds like that daily!

Since Vietnamese are very food conscious, they don’t believe in freezing meat or fish and they only want to eat fresh ingredients. So, that’s why instead of transporting large amounts of cargo in trucks, they take a few turns with smaller quantities on their bikes to ensure the freshness of the product they carry. Also, I read that there is a rule that meat or fish should be still alive when it arrives to the buyer directly from the farm. Such a different world, isn’t it? Have you been to Vietnam? xo

P.S: Remember this series?
P.P.S: You can get the full series in a book form here.

(via My Modern Met)


Anonymous said...

Cultures like this one are fascinating, aren't they Diana? I'm hoping to start traveling and exploring those amazing places.

Steph said...

I love these :) I've seen them already but they still bring a smile to my face. How amazing to go to Vietnam and experience the culture firsthand. I'm definitely a fan of Vietnamese food!

Jillian Manesh said...

whooooa so impressive! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, they really are, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, me too! I LOVE Vietnamese food :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Jillian? I have no clue how they do it...but it must be super hard.

LyddieGal said...

Ahh the gold fish!!!
Can you imagine if any of these carts got into an accident... with each other?!
Chic on the Cheap

Art Farm said...

The fish one blew me away!!! Never been to Vietnam, but I would love to travel there someday. Looooove Vietnamese food! I live just a little north of a Vietnamese neighborhood. There are some amazing restaurants and grocery stores that we go to. Happy Tuesday, my dear! -Katie

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I've seen some of them! I really need to have a look of them whenever I feel the need to complain I need to do my groceries by bike :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk