Ultraviolet Beauties

Thursday, April 3, 2014






Blimey, how striking are those images? A few years ago, Cara Phillips went to the streets of New York with a sign that said 'free portraits' and willing participants could have their photo taken under a UV light. This is exactly how she archives those un-portraits or as she calls them ultraviolet beauties. They are all about showing the raw side of people's faces, as opposed to the totally flawless two-dimensional version that we are so used to seeing everywhere around us. The UV light exposes all the sun damage, all the stress or laughter lines and all the ‘living’ we have done so far. I love this so much because I adore imperfections and these little flaws truly are a part of who we are.

P.S: Soldier's story.
P.P.S: Don't miss our beautiful jewelry GIVEAWAY!

(via Faith Is Torment via My Modern Met)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Striking is the right word to describe those photos. One of the things I love about your blog is that you write about things that matter, things that make us reflect and stop for a minute. Like this.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, that is so sweet of you to say. Thank you:)

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Amazing! I love these photo's, I am happy I discovered your blog, cause you always share the most wonderful things :-)

Art Farm said...

Totally beautiful! I second what Anon and Marieken said. Your blog always gets me thinking, feel inspired and just so happy!! xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

whoa! im so curious to see how my skin would look! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..THANK YOU, ladies:) Marieken and Katie, you both are so sweet and you just made me *blush* :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, I am with you on that and I would love to see how my skin would look too...So interesting!

Pamela Bates said...

love the tone of these. it must be interesting to see people's reactions when they see these pictures of themselves, showing things only visible in ultraviolet light

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Pamela. Good point!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk