Liquid trapped in a fruit

Tuesday, April 29, 2014








Ever since Balazs and I started to be more conscious about our food, I realised the importance of reading labels. So when I spotted this nifty little fruit juice project, it blew my mind because who normally bothers to visualize how many apples goes into one organic juice box or a bottle of pure grape juice, right? So the cool thing is that the images above show exactly how much liquid is produced from a single piece of fruit.

I don't know about you, but watermelon totally shocked me because I could bet it produced much more juice, especially next to a pineapple that is so much smaller. Plus, how weird that a strawberry and a pear have almost the same amount of liquid? Ha! Do you make your own juices? Thoughts? xo

P.S: What does 200 calories look like?
P.P.S: How to never have another junk food craving.

(via Design Crush)


Anonymous said...

I always had this idea that kiwi is full of juice but according to this project I was so wrong. Grape on the other hand has plenty if you think how little it is. I want to try this myself now. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

very cool! yet another reason to love pineapple! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Tiffany Kadani said...

Wow! The pineapple one is fascinating! So much liquid.

Art Farm said...

Mmm! This has made me thirsty. I haven't juiced anything in awhile and this makes me think I need to change it. So interesting to see how much and how little each fruit gives off. I know I'm always surprised by how many carrots it takes to make carrot juice. -Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, you are so right:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, oh yes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk