Lilies of the Valley

Thursday, April 24, 2014



This little bunch of lilies of the valley has been making our living room smell like spring since yesterday. I spotted them just before meeting someone for a work lunch, so I put them in my bag when I entered the restaurant. While taking our order, the waitress discreetly asked me what perfume I was wearing because it smelled exactly like her favourite spring flowers. Well, it wasn’t my perfume, it was my bunch of flowers in my tote, begging to come out :)

After a few giggles and a little chat she told us that lilies of the valley symbolize the return of happiness and bring luck in love, which really made my lunch companion light up. So, if you have any single friends out there, treat them to a bunch of those beauties to make their week! I know I will.

Btw: they are typically sold in France on the first day of May. So if you are in Paris, don’t forget to buy them:) What flowers do you like the most right now? xo

P.S: Plus, this nifty fresh flower trick.
P.P.S: Don't miss our sassy GIVEAWAY!

(Photos by exPress-o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had them in my wedding bouquet and they made my whole dress smell very pretty. Can I ask where did you get your vase? I've been looking for something like that for a while now.

Sara said...

Love this post, flowers make everyone happy! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of peonies in the farmers markets in Lancaster. A few years ago I had picked up a bunch and was driving with them in one hand and 2 little girls at the stop light sidewalk squealed to their mom "Look! She has flowers!" I rolled down the window and gave each of the girls a stem, it made their day and mine!

Jillian Manesh said...

one of my favorite flowers! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Pamela Bates said...

love little of the valley for the pretty little ruffled skirts and the scent which is amazing. love that second picture! have a wonderful spring day. here? the wind is whipping and we still haven't had a stretch of real spring weather so our flowers are a bit slow, though the forsythias are trying to pop out, which will bring bright yellow happiness!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Sara that is the sweetest story and you are such a sweetheart! I can't wait for peonies as well:) Ah, they are my favourites.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela, wish I could send you some sunshine:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, how wonderful and the vase actually used to be a candle from Ikea and I just cleaned it after it was gone. Nowadays, I use it as a vase:)

Eliza Jane said...

I'm in love with Tulips. Always have been. I grew up in a city that has a Tulip festival every year, and to me they're just beyond beautiful.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Eliza:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk