Frozen Venice

Thursday, April 10, 2014


Have you ever been to Venice? Le sigh...Whether it's in its own natural state, occasionally underwater or even frozen - Venice always makes my heart skip a beat. So, those cleverly spliced images by Robert Jahns only make me fall in love with this little island even more. I love how thought-provoking Robert’s work is and that through those photos you can see his unique vision of the world!

Doesn’t it look beautiful? Can you imagine if it actually froze solid like that? Yowza!

P.S: Plus, Venice of the Netherlands!
P.P.S: I also love this recent one he created of a whale in Venice:)

(via My Modern Met)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very real!!! I need to visit Europe very soon. There is so many cities I want to see like Venice and Rome.

Jillian Manesh said...

omg these images are incredible! i have been to venice and i cant imagine the city being frozen but these are SO beautiful!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Trotter said...

Could you imagine if it were frozen like this, the people really depend on the water to get around! It does look stunning though!! :)

xoxo

Mary Jo said...

WOw, such cool images! I've been to Venice a couple of times but only in the summer--it's magical and I've always wanted to go back during the winter.

xo Mary Jo

Elizabeth Halle said...

Just remarkable. Dying to go!

xo

LyddieGal said...

WOW these shots are stunning! I never knew Venice froze in the winter, must be so crazy/fun to get around in it.
Chic on the Cheap

Pamela Bates said...

very cool.

someday venice.

Steph said...

This would be amazing. I was in Venice 10 years ago. Time for a return visit!

little t said...

Awesome pics!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, such a good point!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elizabeth:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes, you should totally go back:) I love Venice, Steph:)

Elisa R @ Rely design said...

Hi Diana! I love Venice..it's one of my favorite city in italy!! haha i can't imagine to see it like this...cool and terrifying at the same time!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elisa, so true!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the waters surrounding Venice have frozen a few times in the past. Giudecca Canal and the part of the Bacino separating the Fondamenta Nuova from San Michele have both been frozen deeply enough to permit people to pass over them on foot.
:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, how interesting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk