A Forever piece...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

...trench coat, that is! Do you have one? A while back, I embraced this rule that some pieces like a trench coat, white shirts, silk scarves, pencil skirts or little black dresses are those timeless gems that are worth investing into. When you buy the one, you will most likely wear it forever and they will never go out of style. So, every spring I go back to this post I wrote three years ago on how to wear a trench like a true Parisian to refresh my memory and implement those little tweaks for the season to come. So if you fancy a little refresh here are the tips on wearing your beloved trench like the Parisian beauties do:

- always tie the belt, never buckle or just simply wear it loose

-  turn up the collar
- also make sure to undo everything
- and always roll up the sleeves!

Funnily enough, those little tweaks make such a difference not only to my look but also to my mood! What is your colour of choice when it comes to trench coats? How about length? xo

P.S: The DNA of Parisian style!
P.P.S: How to dress like a true Parisian this spring.

(Photos by/via Mark D. Sikes, Style, Burberry Tumblr, Wishbones & Wanderlust, Jesse Kamm and LA Cool & Chic)


Anonymous said...

I own a cream classic but I've been lately thinking about adding a second darker piece. Which would you recommend: navy or black? Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I would go with navy...since I have one too and it's perfect for dressing down or up!

Mamy2k4 said...

I'm desperately researching for my trench! I only have one of them, one black from Zara, nothing special. I desperately want another one beige or grey (stone): I can't afford a Burberry one even if it would be me favourite, have somenone some suggestion for nice simil-Burberry (3/4 lenght) to stay between 200 and 500 euros?
In italy I'm just not finding anything like this, and I'm so yearning for one like these of your photos!
Kisses Nadia

Jillian Manesh said...

oo i love trenches! but whenever i try one on i feel very bulky.. maybe ill try to find a shorter one. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

I love trenches and have been wanting to get one. I'd definitely need a short one, since I'm only 5'2" and most classic length trenches are way too long. I'd probably go for the classic cream color because so many of my other coats are navy or black. I love the idea of rolling the sleeves and undoing the buttons. Seems to soften the look. xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Nadia, how about those:

1. http://www.asos.com/NW3/NW3-Tara-Trench-Coat-in-Oversized-Fit/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3852234
3. http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=84171&pid=932863&scid=932863012#
or 4. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5739&vid=1&pid=631679022

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, you should totally try a shorter one. I bet you will love them!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, totally! Those little tweaks are perfect to soften the look, indeed:) You should totally try a short trench and see how you like it.

Mamy2k4 said...

Thank-you very much indeed Diana!
Very nice selection.
I don't want to buy it on-line, I want try it on in evry size and coulour I can.
So, if I can't find one of them in Italy stores, I'll keep them in mind for my next trip to London (in 2 o 3 month max).
Sooner or later, I'll have my new trench!

Steph said...

I love trenches! I have a navy blue one I wear all the time. There's an orange colored one from Burberry that I pinned last year because I loved it, but of course couldn't afford it. I still love it though - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/281404676688943729/

Diana Mieczan said...

Nadia :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ah, It's stunning, Steph:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk