21 Swings in Montreal.

Thursday, April 17, 2014


Do you like swinging? If you are in Montréal this spring, you should definitely have a go on one of those dreamy little swings that are part of the 21-piece swing orchestra located in the heart of Montréal’s Quartier des Spectacles. There is a piano swing, a guitar swing, a harp, and other instruments that can be played alone or together. The installation encourages strangers to get involved in creating music together using their whole bodies and the aim is to fill all the 21 seats as "we can achieve more together than alone". What a brilliant concept!

Oh, and to make it even more dreamy, as soon as the sun sets, all the swings light up! I’m totally getting nostalgic just watching that little video. Have a look for yourself!

Crikey, this must be the coolest swing I have ever seen! Don’t you think? xo

P.S: Rainbow staircase in Italy.
P.P.S: Plus, blooming hallways...

(Thanks, Pascale via Tiny Buddha. Photos by Quartier des Spectacles and via Gabe)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me very happy and I wish I was in Montreal this spring.

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

A nice swing is my ´happy place´and those are dreamy. I´d love to take them for a swing :)

Jillian Manesh said...

those look so fun! i love a good swing ride :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

little t said...

This is SO COOL!

his little lady said...

How perfect is this!!
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Wow, what a clever idea!

Bionica said...

This is such a wonderful concept!!!
I love it
bringing a community together
music makers unite =)

xoxo
-Bionica

Steph said...

Fun! I always loved the swings when I was a kid. I probably still would.

Mandy Doornenbal said...

Wish I could make some music on those swings. I love them! Have a great weekend! Xoxo

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Brilliant indeed!

PASCALE TRAUB said...

I love swings and I especially love Diana for the sweet shout-out. Thank you!!!

LyddieGal said...

sometimes we forget how fun swings can be at any age!

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh, me too, Jillian!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ah, so true, Bionica

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, same here:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...my pleasure, sweet Pascale:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk