What Women Really Do When They Are Alone

Thursday, March 27, 2014



What do you do when you’re all alone at home?

Recently I read this funny article where Olivia asked a few of her friends to tell her honestly what they really do when their husbands and kids are away. Somehow, ever since then I’ve been asking everyone around me the same question because some of the answers are actually very surprising and cool. We all expect everyone to just say that they are catching up on work or cleaning, right? But that is not always the case. For example, one of Olivia’s friends said that whenever her husband is away she goes to a bakery for a big slice of her favourite cake. While another one takes that time to redecorate the house - from top to bottom. There was also one answer that made me laugh out loud because the girl in the article and my good friend do exactly the same thing - both ladies try on their old wedding dresses when they have that precious night off from their spouses. I love that!


As for me, whenever Balazs is away in the evening, I usually make myself breakfast eggs and watch countless episodes of my favourite telly series in my pj’s, in bed. Back in the day, when he used to work late Monday nights, I had the habit of ordering sushi every single week or go out for a solo dinner. How about you? xo

P.S: Our perfections:)
P.P.S: Me-time fix!

(via Red Magazine. Photos by Sophie and via Luisa Brimble and Ignite Light)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those solo nights in when the house is calm, clean and I can grab a box of cookies and watch a movie that makes me cry. Those are some of the best nights because from time to time we all need a bit of alone time. Beautifully written.

Ann said...

I'm with you - breakfast for dinner. :)

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I'm on my own this week...I've been staying up late reading books, watching sappy movies, exercising, AND catching up on some cleaning & errands.

RAY said...

When I'm on my own in the evening I usually snuggle up and read while listening to good music. And to finish I almost always make breakfast for dinner and watch a movie that melts me inside.
x

Steph said...

Love this, and the women with their wedding dresses. Ha. For me, it's usually blogging, reading books or magazines and drinking lots of tea. If I had a bathtub, I'd definitely be in it! If it's me-time during the day, shopping!

Jillian Manesh said...

cute! when i am home alone i usually play dress up and try to think of new outfits in my closet... OR watch trashy tv. bring it on BRAVO! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Pamela Bates said...

hhhmmmm, my other half is usually here. but if I get a spare moment to myself- depending on the season......sitting in my adirondack in the yard playing 'follow the sun' moving my chair as the sun goes down to catch the last little bit, in the pool, curled up on my couch under an afghan watching a romantic comedy (that he'd groan through) like french kiss.

Chrissy said...

Ha, I love this! What a fun idea asking other women what they really do when they're alone. I have been alone for a few weeks now and I love watching sappy movies in the evenings when Leonie is in bed and during the day I try to catch up on all the work sneaking in some extra blogging time here and there. Sushi sounds good right about now! xxx

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

I love this! I usually am curled up with a book.

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

I love this! I usually am curled up with a book.

Art Farm said...

This is such a great question! I'm going to start asking my friends this. I love the wedding dress response. When I'm alone I like to try out different outfits, watch lots of movies online (chick flicks, foreign films and mysteries are my indulgences). I also love making eggs for dinner too!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Ann:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hannah,I love sappy movies:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE all your comments. They are brilliant!!! Thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela - 'follow the sun' is my favourite!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy and Katie :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk