Travel Lust: Beachy Head in England

Thursday, March 6, 2014







Have you ever heard of the Beachy Head in East Sussex? It’s a mesmerizing, unique and totally unforgettable spot of chalk headland in Southern England with the highest sea cliff in Britain that rises to 532 ft. (162 metres) above the sea level. My friend Molly is in the area right now visiting her parents and when a few days ago we skyped, she said that as much as she loves the hustle and bustle of the busy city life, each time she goes back home and takes a stroll by the edge of the cliff, she realizes how much she loves the coastline, the sea air that pinches her cheeks and how alive the view makes her feel. Just looking at those images I totally get what she means. Crikey, I probably wouldn’t be brave enough to actually stand by the very edge of the cliff but I would love to spend a day there.

Breathtaking, isn’t it? Have you ever been to England? xo

P.S: Plus, this blissful spot in the British countryside.
P.P.S: And those ivy-covered houses.

(Photos by Francesco Caponera, Laura Gilchrist, Fulham Phil, James, Tim Smalley and  via Silly Hook)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never heard of this place but it's beautiful. Wish I could bulid a house there and stay forever.

OnePerfectDay said...

Absolutely amazing!!
The english countryside is so beautiful!

Jillian Manesh said...

whoaaa! so beautiful!! i think i would feel pretty shaky if i stood at the edge of one of those cliffs! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Mamy2k4 said...

Wonderful!! I'm Italian but I like so much England and London.
Last summer I did a wonderful trip in Cornwall, amazing!!

Elle Sees said...

my boss has been there and keeps a pic of it on the wall at work!

Ana Degenaar said...

I truly need to start traveling again. I feel like I'm wasting so much time hahaha!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Now this is my idea of perfection.

Fashion Lights said...

woow, it looks amazing! :)

abfashionlights.blogspot.com

Liz Halle said...

So beautiful! Take me away

xo Liz

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

I haven't heard of it either. Though right now all I can think of is my trip to Fiji next week. I need lots and lots of sun and I need it to be very very hot. So over the cold! xoxox

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Wow! Stunning!

Art Farm said...

Wow! This is absolutely breathtaking! Some friends are headed to England this Spring, so I'm going to send them this link. I've been to England several times. One of my brothers lives there. Most recently we went this past October and traveled around Devon and Cornwall. We had the time of our lives! Such a fabulous trip with amazing scenery. I would move there in a heartbeat if I ever win the lottery! :)

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

We just hiked at Montano Del Oro in Northern California this past week. It looks so much like this!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...same here, Anonymous :)

Diana Mieczan said...

OnePerfectDay, it really is, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

I've been to Cornwall as well. So amazing, Mamy2k4:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How lovely, Elle and Ana, I love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

I thought so, Tiffany and Liz, deal - giggle!

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha, have fun in Fiji, darling.

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Katie. My mom lives just outside of London:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet, Jana:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk