To keep the sore throat away

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Last week, I got a bad case of sore throat and to be honest, it was a bummer since I managed to stay pretty healthy the whole winter! What happened was I got overexcited on those few days that we got spring-like temperatures and I totally underdressed. Anyway, a while ago I saved myself this little homemade honey-ginger throat drops recipe, so instead of getting the store-bought stuff that are full of crazy chemical sugar substitutes, I made a whole jar of my own. They not only worked like a charm on my poorly throat but they were also extremely easy to make considering that I rarely make candy-type of things.

Basically you just need some herbal tea, sugar, powder sugar and a candy mould + herbs like ginger or sage. (Here is a little chart of what herbs are good for what). That is all. I used Sarah's recipe this time around, but next time I am also going to try this one with sage.

Have you ever made your own throat drops before? How was your winter so far? Did you get sick? xo

P.S: Here is sore throat remedy that Balazs loves!
P.P.S: Plus, I still can't get enough of this awesome eucalyptus steam shower trick. It's my all time favourite.

(Photo by Sarah McGill. Thanks, Sarah)


Anonymous said...

With the endless snow,I also got a cold that I can't get rid of. It seems like my system is craving warmer weather. Thank you for the recipe, I will make those drop over the weekend.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

That is so cool! Thanks for the recipe and I'll definitely try it out!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Jillian Manesh said...

good to know! this winter wont end so im nervous ill get sick before it's all over! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Tiffany Kadani said...

I NEEDED this. I had the worst sore throat where sneezing was so painful I would involuntarily cry. Thanks for this!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, feel better soon, Anonymous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, I know what you mean.

Diana Mieczan said...

Poor thing, Tiffany. Those drops will help.

Art Farm said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well my dear! What a fabulous cure and DIY! I'm definitely going to try this one. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Muah, Katie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk