Roasted Tomato & Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Wednesday, March 12, 2014


This is pretty much how our last night went: Balazs popped down for some wine, but realized he forgot his wallet when he was just about to pay. The buzzer downstairs decided not to work so I ran downstairs to give him the wallet. While Balazs went on his back-and-forth-run-about between the store and the flat, I made Erin’s grilled cheese sandwiches with eggs and roasted tomatoes. By the time he was back, the flat smelled like bubbly cheese, aka one of the most amazing smells a kitchen can have! And after a little debate on what to watch, we settled on Blue Jasmine, while sipping red wine. I'm telling you: this sandwich is made in heaven. Make it, eat it, tell your friends! (Here is the recipe).

Your turn, how was your evening? xo

P.S: Plus a few other takes on grilled cheese that you might like.
P.P.S: I am planning to make this tonight. I am on such a cheese kick this week :)

(Photos by Naturally Ella)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last week I lost my phone (twice) and left my whole handbag in my son's kindergarten, so I am happy that it's not just me who forgets thing. I want the sandwich for breakfast please.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Anonymous! I am so sorry. Btw: yup, this sandwich would make one awesome breakfast dish too.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I'm about to have soup for lunch, but I'll try to make this later this week.

Pamela Bates said...

well,tomatoes and cheese........two of my very favorite things. i say bring on the sandwich!

last night was a working evening....so tonight i'm looking foward to watching my hockey team...away from my desk

Jillian Manesh said...

omg YUM! i want this for lunch. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

OMG! Adding eggs to a grilled cheese sounds heavenly! I'm game.

Last night I did a lot of work on Photoshop and tonight is more of the same. But I have Friday off, so I can sleep and also go see a fun exhibit on Edward Gorey.

Merry Meri said...

oh man shut up with that cheesy tomato, egg goodness!!! I cannot wait to take this recipe for a whirl and I hope you enjoyed Blue Jasmine (also on my to do list:) xox

Diana Mieczan said...

Yum, soup is always a great idea, Marieken:) Enjoy!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Pamela! Enjoy the evening:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, that exhibit sounds awesome:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Meri, hahah. Your comment made me laugh out loud and yes, I loved the film. It wasn't a typical Woody film but it was pretty great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk