Picnicking

Tuesday, March 25, 2014



Without a fail, every winter while daydreaming about sunny days, I promise myself that the following spring and summer I will surely take more advantage of the beautiful green areas around the neighbourhood. Since we are living in the city, we don’t get the luxury of having our own yard but parks are a great alternative and we have a few very close by.

So my plan for the next 5 (or so) months is to set up regular picnic afternoons with friends where we all bring something delicious like cheese, nuts or tomato sandwiches, sip wine or homemade lemonade and just enjoy the sunshine and the good conversation. I love how picnics have this relaxed vibe that makes you feel like you are on a little mini-break. We are planning to start sometime in April!

So I would love know what do you like to eat on a picnic? My friend Sofia already said that she is bringing hot Irish coffee and biscotti. I like that! Do you like picnics?

P.S: Also, thank you for all the sweet comments and emails on yesterday's post. You guys are the sweetest readers a person can have:) Thank you!
P.P.S: Remember this picnic-style wedding in Australia?

(Photos by Poanne Pio via Freutcake)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on a proper picnic in ages so I like your idea of planning a few ahead so we have something fun to look forward. My fave picnic food is cheese, crackers and fruit but now I am thinking that biscotti would be even better. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

yes! i love a good picnic...bring on the warm weather! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, you should totally plan one for next month:)

Bryony said...

Gorgeous photos! I can't wait for the weather to be reliable enough to picnic. Egg & cress sandwiches, BBQ crisps, elderflower cordial, and convincing the husband to make cinnamon buns. I'm getting excited now just thinking about it!

Pamela Bates said...

oh, love a picnic. mine are usually at the beach (so lucky). but I'd definitely bring some crusty bread, cheese and perhaps some tapanade. oh, and champagne of course.

Art Farm said...

I love a good picnic! I live just a few blocks away from Lake Michigan, so in the summer my husband and I will often have a picnic at the beach. We'll bring a thermos of wine, some sandwiches (cucumber with cream cheese and dill is our favorite picnic sandwich), chips, crackers and sometimes dessert. Sometimes we'll stop at the ice cream shop on our way home instead. I can't wait for picnic weather!! Love this idea of a regularly scheduled event! xo, Katie

Steph said...

I can't wait till the weather is warm enough for picnics. I love homemade lemonade, yum! Now, whenever I see picnics, I think of the day I got engaged over one last summer :) I think organizing regular friend picnics is a wonderful idea. I need more girly outings this summer too.

Ela said...

I love picnics on the grass green :)
Greetings

Vintage Market Place said...

oh I love this,
I am definitely going to make sure we do more picnics this season ;)
Amy
I would bring fresh sliced tomatoes and salt shaker

LyddieGal said...

I hope I get to enjoy an afternoon of dining al fresco this summer... but for now I'll just dream of a day when the ground isn't so frozen.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Yum, yum, yum...it all sounds so delicious, Bryony :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh,champagne - good thinking, Pamela:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I love the ice cream idea and I am totally making some cucumber with cream cheese and dill sandwiches. So spring perfect!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...how romantic, Steph:) LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, yes to tomatoes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk