Little Laughing Challenge

Monday, March 31, 2014

How many times do you smile or laugh each day? Recently I read this interesting article that made me realise that we don’t chuckle enough which is strange since laughter is one of the most joyful and spontaneous bodily responses that releases a flow of endorphins that makes us instantly feel better. Yet, on average most adults only manage 20 bursts of laughter a day (if they are lucky) while kids by the age of four laugh about 300 times per day. Incredible, isn't it?

It seems the older we get the more serious we are. So here is a little challenge: starting from today till the end of the week, let’s try to make at least 3 people chuckle each day at something we say to get their daily laughter dosage up a bit. It can be a lame little joke or a funny video from youtube, anything that will get them laughing. What do you say? Are you game? xo

P.S: Smile :)
P.P.S: Plus, on being fully present in the moment.

(Photo via Of Hearth & Home. Article via Sho & Tell)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shocking and a bit sad to know that we get older we don't laught as much. Count me in, I am on the mission! Jill

Art Farm said...

Great challenge! My co-worker just sent me the monologue Louis CK did for SNL this past weekend. I busted out laughing and it felt soooo good!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Jillian Manesh said...

aw i love this! my husband always makes me laugh...usually right before bed :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Jill and I totally agree:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, how awesome and I am totally checking out that monologue now:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..how sweet, Jillian:)

Ela said...

I am an optimistic person and smile is my recipe for well-being.
Greetings :)

Steph said...

Ha! Too funny - I had this post open while I was microwaving a piece of duck for lunch. All of a sudden, there was a loud pop and it had jumped right out of the bowl. All of us in the office were in hysterics :)

Pamela Bates said...

I have to say, we laugh quite a bit in this house. anything or a laugh. I'm not sure if I made three people chuckle but we did crack up when we did a crossword puzzle last night. it's hard crossword puzzle book and makes you really question your knowledge - in a funny sort of way.

Polly Rowan said...

Aw I don't think I even laugh 20 times a day! I need to laugh more! Thanks Diana. x

Diana Mieczan said...

Love that, Ela:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, I LOVE that, Steph:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds brilliant, Pamela:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, my pleasure, lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk