How to Grow Sunflower Greens

Monday, March 31, 2014

Have you ever had a salad with sunflower greens? A while back, a friend treated me to a sunflower greens salad that she grew in her own kitchen and ever since then I wanted to plant my own batch. It’s incredible to think that those little greens are packed with minerals and vitamins, plus they are perfect for salads, smoothies, sandwich toppings, you name it!

Anyway, I thought that spring cleaning weekend would be the perfect time to give it a go, so on Saturday night I started the process. Eek, fingers crossed by tomorrow or the day after the seeds will start to sprouts. Can’t wait! (If you fancy trying it yourself, here is the full how to I used). xo

P.S: Plus, A rooftop garden in Brooklyn.
P.P.S: Bottled style Paperwhites.

(Photos by Sandra)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever ate them before but I like all types of greens so I will try to plant them too. Good luck to us both.

HelloSweetcheeks said...

oh! This sounds yummy. Perfect for summer. I'm trying it for sure!

Jillian Manesh said...

what a fun project! :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Camila Faria said...

Oh, I love this! I have to try it myself!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, HelloSweetcheeks and Camila:)

Pamela Bates said...

ok, sprout salad yes, but sunflower sprout salad.......never even crossed my mind. MMMMM!

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela:)

Dolly Mama Health said...

So nutritious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk