Genius Food Maps

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Italy - tomatoes

France - cheese and bread

India - spices

South America - citrus

New Zealand - kiwi

Great Britain - biscuits
Australia - shrimp

Africa - bananas and plantains

USA - corn

Japan - seaweed

China - noodles

Genius! Henry Hargreaves, a New Zealand-based artist and his New York-based stylist friend, Caitlin Levin created the most scrumptious maps - all made out of real food. Since they are both huge travel buffs, they wanted to show how food has travelled the globe, transformed and became a part of the cultural identity of each particular place. We all know that India is all about their amazing and colourful spices or that France is known for their stinky cheese and bread. Also, each map is strictly made of only one food (besides France, of course) but in different variations that most represents that county, which makes those maps that much more intriguing.

I love that Britain is made of biscuits and Italy looks so stunning with all those tomato variations. Don't you think? Plus, Henry said that his girlfriend loved the France map most because afterwards she got to eat all that cheese and bread! My kind of girl! Which one do you like most? xo

P.S: Food flags!
P.P.S: All in one + this perfect duo.

(via My Modern Met)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

How creative ane stunning. Here is what I am thinking, since kiwi is my fave fruit, I should move to New Zealand. Jill

Tiffany Kadani said...

Incredible!!! Makes me hungry and want to travel.

Jillian Manesh said...

LOVE these! i want to eat it all ahha xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Elizabeth Halle said...

So fun! I'm going to put it in my fun food finds tomorrow. Thanks!

xo

OnePerfectDay said...

These are AMAZING!!!!
I love them all but Australia is so very special!
And Africa is great too.

Merry Meri said...

These are so freakin COOL!!! I want to frame prints and hang them in my kitchen! Thanks for sharing:)

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Wow, amazing! I want to take a bite out of France :-)

Art Farm said...

These are so fun!!

LyddieGal said...

how beautiful and creative! I literally want to just devour them all!

Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, that is right, Jill:)You totally should!

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..that is so sweet of you, Elizabeth! Thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

OnePerfectDay :)

Diana Mieczan said...

What a great idea, Merry Meri! they would look amazing framed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Marieken :)

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

Can I just say that the NZ one is quite accurate! This past week we discovered kiwi berries, they are mini kiwi fruit type things that actually look like gooseberries!

Steph said...

These are so cool. I'm picturing a River Thames made of flowing tea....

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Vanisha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Steph:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk