French Style Spring Uniform

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Want to know the secret to an understated spring uniform that will make you look comfortable, stylish and very French in that je ne sais quoi kind of way? Well, it’s all in a silk button down blouse and a pair of your old jeans according to the amazing Ines de la Fressange who once said that trying too hard is very uncool - so stick to classics. I just realized that I have been reaching for that simple pairing on several occasions lately because of its easy vibe. Also, supposedly, silk blouses are super forgiving because of their flowy texture and incredibly versatile, so you are free to jazz them up as you fancy with lipstick, rosy cheeks, messy hair or even red flats and a trench. Thoughts? Do you wear silk blouses? xo

P.S: What do French women have that we don't?
P.P.S: Plus, a few other French style tips you might like:)

(Photos by/via Carolines Mode, Kalyns, Vanessa Jackman, Style Cab, The Online Stylist, News of Annarbor)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am planning to go shopping for spring essentials and now I know what to get. Silk tops all the way. They look chic without trying too hard.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, totally:) Have fun shopping!

Elle Sees said...

so chic! i need one in every color :)

Sara said...

Haha I have packed nothing but silky blouses and jeans for my trip to Paris next week, I had been doubting my choices but now I guess I got it right :) Thanks for the post, very helpful!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oooh! I need to go get me some silk blouses. So easy breezy beautiful.

Jillian Manesh said...

love these pretty classic looks! i need to buy some more blouses! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Vintage Market Place said...

I love your inspiration posts!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elle, great idea! And Sara, so well done...and have the best time in Paris:) Swoon!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, oh yes!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Amy:)

Art Farm said...

I don't have a silk shirt, but it's one of those items that have been on my shopping list for awhile. I've been eyeing the silk shirts from Everlane. They are simple, classic and a great price!

Melissa Cook said...

I love french inspired fashion and this could not have come at a more perfect time! Ready for spring to hit and now i need a silk blouse!

www.missysue.com

Mamy2k4 said...

Thank-you for the beautiful idea!! Silk bluse, this is what is missing in my wardrobe! Now I need to buy one very soon!
Nadia

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I love their stuff. I have this one https://www.everlane.com/collections/womens-tops/products/silk-blouse-white

and this one

https://www.everlane.com/collections/womens-tops/products/silk-band-dusk

Both are fantastic!

Diana Mieczan said...

Melissa :)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Nadia! Glad to help:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk