First Kiss

Tuesday, March 11, 2014



Do you remember your first kiss with the person you are with right now? My first kiss with Balazs happened 13+ years ago. It sealed the deal! Anyway, when this morning I watched this beautiful little short by Tatia who is a filmmaker I started to think how much it actually lays in the first kiss.

Here is what she did: she paired up 20 strangers and given no instructions, other than to lock lips while she filmed them! That is all.

The beautiful thing was that seconds before the kiss you can see the awkwardness, the little uncomfortable chatter, the butterflies, the nervous laughter and my favourite, the shyness - just like in real life situations! As soon as the chemistry starts brewing and one makes the first move, you can totally see the connection - if the kiss is good. Plus, the body language afterwards is the sweetest thing ever. It seals the deal or it becomes one of the most awkward and cringing 60 seconds of your life. (I had a few of those and they are not great).

I love how something so simple like a kiss showcases the vulnerable true human emotion. I’m still smiling, so watch it, tell me what you think and go kiss someone you love in a way that you haven't before :) Deal? xo

P.S: My first ever kiss:)
P.P.S: Date-night moves and do you believe in love at first sight?

(Thanks, Justine. Photos by Moshi Jonas and via Whiskey & Honey, Qualcosa Di Cui Parlare)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt the excitement and the awkwardness of those couples while watching which is kind of brilliant. I am single right now so I am waiting even more so now for that first kiss experience.

Pamela Bates said...

I LOVED that. I've seen a projects this year that have involved in pairing strangers, and I find the human responses so interesting, exciting, awkward and heartwarming all at the same time. Thanks for sharing that Diana.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I totally get what you mean. I also felt it...Plus, hope you get your first kiss soon:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela, I totally agree with what you said. Human responses are incredible to watch and so wonderfully sweet too.

Tish said...

I've posted this on my fb page with the dare not to squirm, giggle and swoon.

It brings it all back to a simple sweetness.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...Tish:)

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I think what surprised me is how many people got totally into it. so cute and pure to watch tho.

Art Farm said...

Ooooooo! This was so good! I loved the awkward, nervousness in the beginning and I love how they all totally went for it! I wonder if anyone hooked up after this filming.

This is making me go back and think about all my first kisses and how the relationships developed. Probably the most passionate first kiss was the relationship that was a bit of a emotional roller coaster. And my first kiss with my husband was sweet and comforting. It felt like coming home. I love how this video is making me remember and feel. Such a beautiful piece! :)

LyddieGal said...

I do indeed. It was 9 years ago; the town was showing a movie on the green and anyone who wanted could set up a blanket and watch it. at the end of the movie most of the people left, but we stayed and shared a kiss (or two).

Chic on the Cheap

Eliza Jane said...

Haha - great minds think alike! I saw this on Facebook and also posted it on my blog! Lol I think it's fantastic. Oh how I wish I could relive my first kiss with my fella!

Diana Mieczan said...

That was totally surprising, wasn't it, Erika? I agree:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, same here. I was totally wondering if anyone hooked up afterwards:) Plus, I simply adore the way you described your first kiss with your husband. So sweet!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...how romantic, Lyddie:) LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

Eliza :)

tutusandtea said...

I absolutely loved this video!!! Couldn't stop smiling as I watched it... First kisses are such free spirited, special and vulnerable moments, and I just loved how the dynamic between the "strangers" changed afterwards! Absolutely precious... great post Diana!

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk