exPress-o Film Club: Diana

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Have you seen Diana? What did you think? I wanted to see this film for the longest time so when I finally did, I wasn’t disappointed at all, despite what the critics might have written about it.

Actually it made me love the People’s Princess even more with all her little quirks and the endless passion she had for life. I also realized that the love story I knew before watching the film is actually not the real thing that happened in the last two years of her life. Her much publicized relationship with Dodi Fayed wasn’t ‘the one’ that she wanted. There was another secret love, the true one, the one that sadly got away…

It’s one of those stories that will stay with you, will make you emotional and sad that this incredible woman left us way too soon.

Bits and bobs:
- Both Balazs and I couldn't get over how amazing Naomi was and how much she looked like Diana in the film.
- Naomi has 4 new films coming out this and next year and I am super excited for this one.
- If you enjoy her as an actress, you should totally watch those two films with her: The Impossible and Adore. She nailed them both!
- Naveen Andrews was brilliant and I remember him best from Lost.
- As me, Naveen was surprised about the real Diana's love-story.
- I am such a fan of Naomi Watts:) She is so cool!
- Naomi on taking the role.
- The true story about Princess Di and the man she loved.
- Aww...
- Her impossible dream.
- Have you ever seen this interview with her?
- The people's princess.
- Her wedding in 1981. Oh boy!
- She was so wonderful and funny and cheeky too.
- Interesting...
- Princes Harry's tribute to his mom. (Heartbreaking).
- Charles and Diana.
- Cas Anvar played the role of Dodi Fayed.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that rock my world.
P.P.S: And 10 feel good films of my 20s!

(Photos via IMDb and Daily Mail)


Anonymous said...

I was surprised about the real love-story because back in 1997 all the mag over here were only talking about her and Dodi. Nobody mentioned the doctor. Wish she could see how amazing her boys are. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

i need to see this!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I love Naomi and would still check out the film!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Andrea (Panda) said...

Oh I love her, will have to see this very soon.

Elle Sees said...

i didn't know about that secret love story! so great to see.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, so true! I rememeber all the mags writing about Dodi but not about the doctor. So interesting.

Diana Mieczan said...

You will love it, Jillian:) It's wonderful

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, I adore her too:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk