Early Bird Coffee Dates

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Do you ever go for an early and quick morning coffee date with a friend? Like an hour or even 30 minutes before work? Balazs has a friend who works long hours in an office and to keep her social life uninterrupted, she always tries to meet friends for a quick coffee and a chat in the morning just before work. In her own words it’s like her face-to-face weekly phone call with friends but in a more personal fashion. She says that starting a day with some fun gossip or a heart-to-heart with someone she relies on for advice makes her day so much more productive and enjoyable. Plus, the last thing she wants after a long day at work is going out to busy restaurants, but she doesn’t mind waking up 30 minutes earlier. Neat, isn't it?

Weekday coffee dates after work can be such a drag especially if you feel tired or have tons of things to do at home, so starting your day sharing a coffee with a friend sounds pretty great to me. What do you think? xo

P.S: Those coffee date cards would make the perfect coffee date invitation:)
P.P.S: Plus, down the coffee hole. Enjoy!

(Photos via Bourbon and Pearls, coffee date cards via Electric Raspberry)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that idea a lot. Since I am a morning person anyway and by the evening I get very tired and not willing to go out anymore this would fit in with me great. My husband has a joke that as soon as he sees me in my pj's walking around and drinking coffee, he knows I am not going out anywhere anymore that day.

Elizabeth Halle said...

I love this idea..now the hard part is waking up ;) Hopefully when it's not so frigid outside, it will be easier.

xo Elizabeth

Tiffany Kadani said...

I'd do this in a heartbeat, with hot cocoa because I don't drink coffee. My day starts around 3 pm, so a chat beforehand would be completely doable for me.

Art Farm said...

I love the idea, but I would never probably do this. I'm always sleeping till the last second and scrambling to get out of the house on time. :) But I do meet my best girlfriends for an early morning coffee date on Saturdays!

Jillian Manesh said...

cute idea! i like taking a break around 3ish to meet friends (when i can!) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elizabeth, yup..as soon as spring weather arrives it will be so much easier to wake up:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mmmm, hot cocoa, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie:)

Merry Meri said...

I can barely make it to work on time, let alone have pre-work plans, but I suppose that's why I'm a night owl! I love having plans after work, even if it's just for a glass of wine or an informal bite, because it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day!! xox

Monica | Hola!design said...

Great idea!!! Coffee and friends: what else can one ask?

Diana Mieczan said...

Meri, I love that + a quick glass of wine with a friend after work can do so much good for the soul:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Spot on, Monica:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk