Drive

Monday, March 3, 2014


How intriguing and calming are those photos? The last time I actually drove a car was over 12 years ago, but I still remember those awkward looks people give each other while waiting for the lights to change from red to green :)

Andrew Bush is the awesome photographer who explored those exact, often uncomfortable intersections of the public and the private through his drive-by portraits of people living in the Los Angeles area. Each image captures the personality of the driver behind the wheel. By attaching a camera to the passenger side window, Andrew created these images while driving alongside his subjects. Also, he wrote some funny little notes and captions to accompany each image. Truly brilliant!

Do you drive? Do you enjoy it? xo

P.S: This project reminds me of the car poolers.
P.P.S: The burning house.

(via Pennyweight)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drive everywhere and I probably look very bored doing it. I am not a fan of driving but it makes the commute much easier for me.

Jillian Manesh said...

i love all of these vintage cars! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I didn't enjoy driving as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, me too. Aren't they beautiful?

Pamela Bates said...

Love them...........who each has a personality that shows through in a quick drive by. When I leave my little home office I have to drive, part of living in the country. I'm not big on driving at night, because I just find it hard on the eyese. but give me a beach or country road with a view and I'm good to go.....I love shifting into gear my little car.

Annie said...

These are so great! I actually haven't driven in about 6 years now! We didn't need a car in DC and now we're back in New York (in the Hudson Valley) and we're still managing not to have a car!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

What an awesome collection, and the rides look pretty cool too!

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

I don't drive. There was never really any need for me to drive, so I just never learnt and now I still don't see the need. Patrick doesn't drive either, but unlike me, he actually knows how to (though I doubt he even has a current license!). We live in the city, centrally to everything that's important to our lifestyles, and for everything else (which isn't walking distance), which really isn't much, we catch cabs or buses. Even with a 9yo now in our lives, we've managed just fine :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela, oh yes! Driving on a country road sounds amazing.

Diana Mieczan said...

Annie, same here! We don't really need a car at all.

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha, so true...We also catch cabs when we need to go somewhere that is not a walking distance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk