Better Than Coffee!

Monday, March 10, 2014


This morning while waiting for my turn at the dentist’s office, I read something mind blowing!

Supposedly 15 minutes of a shoulder stand equals two hours of sleep:) How incredible is that? So, whenever you feel like you're running on empty because you didn’t get enough sleep the night before, take a break and do a shoulder stand, instead of drinking countless cups of coffee. According to Gabrielle Bernstein, 15 minutes of this yoga pose is as deeply relaxing as an actual sleep and it’s better than coffee because it has long term energy boosting effects while coffee is usually just a short lasting quick fix. I haven’t done a shoulder stand in ages but tonight I am planning to give this a go. Wish me luck. Thoughts? xo

P.S: Gratitude to the wise women of yoga.
P.P.S: Maia's secret!

(Photos of Marilyn Monroe doing a shoulder stand via Prasana Yoga and Mick Jagger in shoulder stand 1972 by Jim Marshall via China Moo-Young. Tip via Red Magazine)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get my yoga-groove one for this. Love the things you post about.

Jillian Manesh said...

wow! really?! thats so interesting..ill defiantly try it (i need it today thats for sure!) xo jillian

Mary Jo said...

You have no idea - this is an awesome tip that I so need as I'm always sleep deprived. Love that Gabrielle trains with my life long yoga teacher, I know that her advice is sound when it comes to yoga :) Off to read Maia's Secret and also do a yoga stand - you made my day, thank you !!!

xoxo Mary Jo

Art Farm said...

Wow! So cool! I'm not sure I could do this for 15 minutes. I sent this to my husband who often feels sleep deprived. He asked if you did it for 3.5 minutes is that the equivalent to a half hour nap?! I told him I'd test it out next time I was sleepy.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I haven't done these in ages too! I will definitely give it a go :-) Two hours of sleep sqeeuzed in 15 minutes sounds perfect.

Chrissy said...

Ha, I had no idea and I haven't done one in ages either. Curious if I can do it. I will definitely give it a try!
Thanks for your ever so kindly words on my blog! You are such a sweetheart! Hugs xxx

Hildi said...

This is awesome and I didn't know that. When I hit the 16.00 need-sugar-or-coffee kick I might try this.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Anonymous :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...Mary Jo:) And how awesome that Gabrielle trains with your life long yoga teacher Small world:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, your husband has a good point there, doesn't he? Last night I lasted for about 6 minutes and actually I felt very fresh afterwards....

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Marieken?

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...my pleasure, Chrissy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds good, Hildi:)

Elizabeth Halle said...

This is wild. I'll need to try it out!

xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk