A Boy, A Girl And A Baby Sparrow

Tuesday, March 25, 2014


If you need a little pick me up, hopefully this will make your day. Last September Tomas Banišauskas, the founder of Board Panda and his girlfriend experienced something totally magical. Here in his own words is their sweet little story of love and compassion:

"One stormy night, my girlfriend saw what we thought was a dead sparrow below our balcony. He was barely breathing, covered in ants and completely blind. We brought him home and put him in a box. After spending a night in our bedroom, he woke us up with high-pitched tweeting. We tried feeding him, but without any luck, so we placed him on our balcony. He continued tweeting non-stop for 3 hours. Finally, his father found him and started feeding him. He brought his chick huge bugs and bread every 10-15 minutes all day long for two weeks straight.

He was getting bigger every day, but he was still blind. I called a vet, and he told me to try simple eye drops. It worked like a charm! He even started hiding from us behind our flowers. Soon, his father started showing him how to fly through the window. One day he just left – we knew this day would come eventually. We became really worried because that same night, and for the next few days, there was really stormy weather.

However, 3 days later, he came back and fell asleep in one of our pots. We were so happy for him! Now our balcony gets visited by lots of sparrows and we can’t even tell which one is ours."

Awww…it melts my heart and ever since I read it I can’t stop smiling. Sweet, isn't it? Now, go on and have an awesome day! xoxo

P.S: Elephant nursery in Kenya.
P.P.S: And the people who walk with reindeers.

(Photos by Bored Panda)

11 comments:

Art Farm said...

Awww! This is just so sweet! Thanks for sharing. xo, Katie

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a sweet couple. I am sharing this with everyone I know. Thanks Diana. Jill

wilma van asch said...

So lovely it makes me smile.

Diana Trotter said...

You just find the best things on the internet, I tell you!! I love always stopping by your blog! When I saw the photo of the little bird, I knew it was something sweet and magical! xoxo

Nikola Holková said...

Wow this is so beautiful .... great for my morning :)Beauty Bubble

Nikola Holková said...

Wow this is so beautiful .... great for my morning :)Beauty Bubble

Pamela Bates said...

what a wonderful story!!!

HelloSweetcheeks said...

awwwww, so sweet!

HelloSweetcheeks said...

awwwww, so sweet!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill :) That is so sweet of you.

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, thank you so much and I am totally blushing right now:) You're so amazing, sweetie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk