Winter Blues Remedy

Monday, February 17, 2014

If you’re feeling a bad case of winter blues and you're pretty certain the snow will never stop falling down, here is a little idea that might just give you the biggest smile for the rest of the winter. Ready?

Pond in a glass! Yup, get yourself a little water hyacinth, a glass vase from Ikea and enjoy a little spring reminder on your desk for the rest of the winter. Water hyacinths love floating in glass vases and show off their plant's delicate roots + they look so darn beautiful. Growing them is not a big deal at all and it’s as simple as tossing them in a vase full of water. I have mine already for a week and it makes my desk feel oh-so-springy and fresh. Love!

Would you try it? How do you keep your winter blues away? xo

P.S: And a few more winter blues busters that you might like.
P.P.S: Peony harvest + paperwhites.

(Photo by Thomas J. Story for Sunset)

12 comments:

Steph said...

Love it! I keep a spider plant in a jar of water on my desk. Plants definitely help. Jorge is a garden designer so our house is full of them as well. x

kishipsa said...

I didn'r visit you for couple of days and I missed those great ideas :))

Diana Mieczan said...

How lucky that Jorge is a garden designer, Steph:) Totally awesome and I need a spider plant too:) xo

Diana Mieczan said...

kishipsa, awww...thank you for such a sweet comment. Made my morning!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

What a simple and brilliant idea. I may have to try this- black thumb begone!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Pamela Bates said...

love this idea Diana..............simple, easy to do and I love a little green. one my beat the winter blues tricks is to bring in my geraniums in at the end of summer and they bloom on my windowsill all winter. nothing like a pop of geranium pink to brighten a dark winter day.

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, it's super easy to care for....You will love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

How brilliant, Pamela:) Geraniums are so stunning!

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

What a beautiful idea! Now I just have to find myself a water hyacinth :) I love Pamela's idea about the geraniums as well!

Art Farm said...

What a beautiful photo!!! I wish I had more plants/green in my home. I have a two prong problem with plants. 1. My apartment doesn't get a lot of light. 2. My cats nibble on anything green I bring in! :) I can't wait for the warmer weather when I get to garden outdoors! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, you don't really need too much natural light for water hyacinth to grow and your cats are funny:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk