The Best Way To Keep Lemons Fresh For Up To 5 Weeks!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014


If you use tons of lemons in your home as I do, you are in for a treat! Ever since I started to drink lemon water each morning, I’ve been making a point of buying huge amounts of lemons at once to save time, but sometimes they didn’t last as long as I wanted them to. They looked beautiful on my kitchen countertop but after a week they usually got super hard and not usable anymore. Did that happen to you too? Well, according to Faith, keeping lemons out is actually the worst thing ever! Who knew?

So if you fancy beautifully smelly, luscious and juicy lemons in your home for up to 5 weeks (oh yes!) try sealing them in a plastic bag or placing them in a bowl with a cover and keep them tightly in the fridge. I did just that yesterday and now I can't wait to see how long they will last :) Would you try it? xo

P.S: Butter substitute: avocado?
P.P.S: Also how to make a better grilled cheese sandwich?

(Photos by Faith for The Kitchn)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goal for spring is to start drinking hot water with lemon each morning so this tip will come in super handy. Thanks

Jillian Manesh said...

great tip! we use lemons for one of my favorite pasta dishes! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Blond Duck said...

I love using lemons for cleaning!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, drinking lemon water first thing in the morning is the best thing ever! I love it:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Love lemon in pasta, Jillian:) YUM!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Blond Duck:)

Karine said...

I pour mine in water + in the fridge and they last quite long also

Art Farm said...

No kidding! I've been doing it wrong for so long. I'll have to try this out. Thank you, my dear!

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

I've been struggling to keep our lemons fresh too! Before I go out and buy even more lemons, will you do a follow up post in a few weeks to let us know how you went with it? xoxox

Kirsty Girl said...

I'm a big fan of the lemon water too and just eating them in general. They're my fav. My parents have a huge lemon tree so I get tons for free so this is great. I usually keep them in the fridge anyway but don't bother to seal them up.

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

So excited to try this!

Diana Mieczan said...

I will try that too, Karine:) Thanks.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes, I will Vanisha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ah, you lucky girl, Kirsty Girl:) I so want a huge lemon tree...xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana :)

Pamela Bates said...

oo, LOVE lemons. so glad you posted a link to this in today's post. missed this one!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk