Spring Cleaning: 9 Takes on Foxy Intimates

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Years ago, my mom told me that ever since her 20s she has this habit of always refreshing/treating herself to a few new intimates just in time for spring. Her thing is that if we are spring cleaning our homes, we should also spring clean the most intimate part of our wardrobe and what’s more refreshing than getting rid of the old/winter bras and knickers and replacing them with a few new foxy numbers that are lighter, sassier, sexier and just perfect for under our favourite cotton tees. Right?

So for the past few years I’ve been religiously spring cleaning my delicates and I have to tell you that it’s one of my favourite times of the year as it feels like with the new goodies come sunshine followed by breezy mornings, freckles and sunscreen smell. I’m all about simple, minimal bras that make me feel foxy, so the 9 below are on my spring cleaning list. Which one tickles your fancy? Planning to do some delicates spring cleaning as well? xo

1. Zinke in blush pink.
2. Huit in bluebell.
3. All for u bra in raspberry.
4. Huit French Kiss in orchid.
5. Araks in melrose.
6. Stella McCartney's 'Gwyneth Gazing' bra.
7. Double wing mesh demi in blue mist.
8. Eloisa bralet in soleil/ivory.
9. Princesse Tamtam in true black.

P.S: Plus, spring hair tickle :)
P.P.S: Fancy checking out if you are wearing the correct size?

(Photos via A Well Traveled Woman. Layout by exPress-o)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom has a point and I was planning to get a few new bras soon since mine are pretty worn-out by now. Love #4#6#9. Need them badly!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, great choices:)

Steph said...

Refreshing for Spring is a wonderful tradition. Do you know where the black polkadot on in the second photo is from? That's my favourite. And I love the yellow one with polkadots too. Maybe I just like polkadots. In fact, I'm wearing a blue sweater with black polkadots today.... hmmm!!

Art Farm said...

Oooo la la! I love this tradition your Mom has. Super smart and a nice treat after a long, hard winter. They're all beauties! I'm still thinking about that Stella one. :)

Mary Jo said...

I love this and I try and do this a couple of times a year--once before spring summer and again before fall--it's such a great habit! Love that pink lacy one!

xo Mary Jo

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I love the idea of getting some special lady gear during spring time. the polka dot one is my fav

Jillian Manesh said...

very pretty picks! i want to add a few more lacy bralettes to my rotation! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

This is a great tradition. I'm quite good about replacing my delicates but I don't have a huge collection. And I find that I stick to darker colours, especially blacks :) Do you buy online or do you prefer to go into the stores and be properly fitted etc?

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, sadly I don't but here is a similar one: http://www.journelle.com/bras/underwire-bras/mimi-holliday-dotty-nuit-padded-bra/MIM-AW13-193.html

Hope that helps:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I love that one too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha, I like getting my delicates from Journelle if I shop online but I also try to get propery fitted when I have the time to go in and do that.

Steph said...

Aw, thanks for that link. I'll check it out now x

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Steph:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk