Silver Fox - Gents Edition

Thursday, February 27, 2014


Does your husband or boyfriend show signs of grey in his hair or beard? Do you like a man with salt and pepper hair?

My Balazs will be 40 this November but he only has an occasional grey beard-hair here and there. Btw: Balazs would tell you that those occasional greys are actually blonde - not true, but denial works wonders sometimes - giggle!

Anyway, I never really thought about how grey hair makes our boys feel about their look, since I am the first one to admit that I find grey or salt and pepper hair very foxy on men. So, when I stumbled upon this awesome piece by David Coggins, I only then realized that some or most boys react on greying pretty similar to how we do:)

David went on this incredible journey of feeling like an old man, thinking about wearing tweed coats and taking long pauses between thoughts (as old men do), to making peace with it, letting nature take its course and actually accepting it:

"In the end, not surprisingly, I liked the idea of being old in the abstract more than the fact of it. But of course, that’s not the end; it’s the onset of a new reality, one that goes hand in hand with that soreness in the back, how it takes less to drink too much, the wrinkles and the rest. But when my beard becomes entirely gray, the irony will be that I’ll miss the season when it was merely pepper and salt, and think wistfully how young I looked back then."

Hmm, we are not that different after all:) Thoughts? xo

P.S: Ageless fashion gene.
P.P.S: Men in glasses, and hot 'n' hairy or just plain scary?

(Photos by/via Slick, Alexei, From Emma, Forever Ago, Justin Chung, The Sartorialist)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially like the pepper-salt sides on men. Very sexy.

That's Not My Age said...

Grey is good!

Ana Degenaar said...

Grey is awesome! I want my hair grey so bad.

Art Farm said...

I love salt and pepper hair on men. Totally sexy. My husband Toby is going grey here and there and I can see it bothering him a little. But I also know that he likes the confidence he has gained as he has grown older.

Jillian Manesh said...

i have a major crush on Rodger sterling :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Well hello mister Sterling!

Christianna said...

Salt and Pepper and grey haired gents are sexy. I guess that we should let them all know that more, so that they aren't as weirded out by it!

Vintage Market Place said...

so distinguished and stylish.
My hubby has jet black hair and one or two greys pop in, yes he claims its a cat hair, lol
MEN, sigh
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, That's Not My Age:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ana, I love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Jillian - giggle!

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken :)

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Christianna. We totally should:) And Amy, giggle. Oh yes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk