Roasted Grapes and Camembert Crostini

Monday, February 17, 2014

Remember when little over a week ago I told you about our plans to have a dinner date with our good friend and his new girlfriend? Well, the flowers were a success and we had a great time getting to know Natasha. Truly, the evening ended up being pretty perfect and a lot of it was due to Tom who has this theory that in order for people to enjoy a meal together you have to set the mood with starters. He believes that making people comfortable with a glass of wine and occupy their hands with a little bite as soon as they arrive, will immediately put everyone at ease and give everyone a common subject to talk about. Well, if I didn't believe in that before, I totally do now. As soon as we took off our coats, we were greeted with roasted seedless grapes and camembert crostinis and a glass of dry wine, and the first few minutes of our conversation were all about wine and cheese, which was a great ice-breaker. The rest is history!

Btw: I am making those crostinis tonight to give a dash of fancy to our Monday evening. Here is a similar recipe if you feel like trying it too.

Btw: What's your favourite fruit-cheese pairing? xo

P.S: Remember when he made this?
P.P.S: Fancy more cheese goodness?

(Photos by Diane, A Broad)

12 comments:

Jillian Manesh said...

this sounds good...but maybe switched up with another cheese! xo jillian

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

We always serve starters but I guess sometimes the different roles it plays, and can play, gets lost on us. You're right, it's a great talking point. Have a great week lovely xoxox

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love starters! Never thought about roasting grapes, but I bet this is something I would like :-)

Eliza Jane said...

This looks AMAZING! I will have to try it!

I like anything with cheese. Seriously. Anything.

Vashnie said...

Oh my. This sounds heavenly. I usually have wine only on the weekends - but this, with a glass of wine is happening tonight :)Thank you for sharing Diana.

Art Farm said...

What a great tip when hosting! Toby and I need to be better about the little snacks when friends arrive. We're great with the booze part! So glad your dinner with your friend and his new lady went so well!

Diana Mieczan said...

You can try smoked brie too, Jillian :)

Diana Mieczan said...

You're the sweetest, Vanisha!

Diana Mieczan said...

They are totally delicious, Marieken:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Eliza, me too!!!! Cheese rocks:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Vashnie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Muah, Katie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk