Perfect (Yes, Perfect) Poached Egg

Thursday, February 6, 2014
egg photo toast4_zpsd9cbad69.gif
Do you eat poached eggs? Ever since Julia Child introduced me to the awesomeness that poached egg is, it became my go to meal with sliced avocados when I want to eat something healthy, quick and delicious. I make them in a few different ways but ever since I spotted Eli Kaimeh's secret trick that he uses in his NYC restaurant, I tried it and it actually might just be my favourite way of poaching eggs to date. One: you have to remember that your egg must be super fresh to poach well and two...well, here is what Elli said:

'We put the raw egg in vinegar before cooking, which tightens the white so it’s less likely to spread out. Instead of dropping the egg into simmering water, we stir the boiling liquid until it forms a whirlpool. The egg is placed in the vortex, creating the compact shape you see at restaurants that can be hard to achieve at home. Then they simmer it for exactly two minutes. That’s the magic number to yield a cooked-through yet tender white and a thickened but runny yolk. You want a lava-like flow of the yolk and lots of buttered toast to go with it.'

YUM! What do you eat your poached eggs with those days, darlings? xo

P.S: Plus, this genius egg trick, some dippy eggs + soldiers, and this awesome breakfast pizza:)
P.P.S: Also, don't miss our totally beautiful ring GIVEAWAY!

(Photos and gif by Peden + Munk for bon app├ętit)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just woke up, made coffee and now I want to lick my screen. If I only had eggs at home. I wont make that mistake again, I am getting eggs tonight.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

This looks so good! I want to try to make one myself, but I am afraid it will leave my kitchen looking like a battlefield...

Monica | Hola!design said...

So tasty! Poached eggs are my favorite, I'm going to try this trick!

Anna Safronova said...

looks yummy!
i know what i'm gonna have for breakfast

http://styleoutlook.blogspot.ru/

Art Farm said...

Ooooooooo! Awesome! I'm going to have to try out this technique! Thank you for posting, Diana!

Tish said...

Wondering if my husband has been reading your blog lol. He just made his first poached egg this morning. SUCCESS! I didn't try it but I will...the avocado idea sounds delish.

thingsIlove said...

Poached eggs are soooo good! Still can't make the perfect one though.

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, you should totally try it. It's not as hard as it looks:) Plus, it's totally delicious.

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anna, yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Tish:) How awesome it that?! Perfect timing....giggle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk