Peppers Bumps

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Did you know that bell peppers come in two genders? I know, it's super random, but totally useful and pretty awesome at the same time. Listen to that, if you flip bell peppers over, you can easily determine their gender and this way you will know which one is better for what.

The ones with four bumps are female, while those with three bumps are male. The female peppers are full of seeds, but sweeter and better for eating raw, the males are better for cooking. I always thought that the only difference between them is their colour, didn’t you? I’m such a nerd but ever since I learned this little trick I always buy the right bell peppers :) Plus, it makes me smile when people keep on looking at me why I am counting their bumps – giggle! Pretty nifty, don't you think? xo

P.S: Plus, this headache trick and this fresh flowers trick.
P.P.S: Remember this or this?

(Tip and second photo via Emelia. Top photo by Julie Marie Craigb)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be a nerd because I love this and I really didn't know about this fun fact.

Mary Jo said...

Ooh love this tip so much! Thank you! Does this go for red bell peppers too? I eat a lot of them :)

xo Mary Jo
http://MagicalMined.blogspot.com

Jillian Manesh said...

so interesting!! we use at least 2-3 peppers a week and i never knew this! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Vashnie said...

Pretty nifty indeed. My husband would probably think, that I have completely lost it, when he sees me counting the bumps on peppers hahaha

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I never knew this, what a fun fact :-)Now I need to remember this for the next time I go grocery shopping.

Diana Mieczan said...

Welcome to the club, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes, Mary Jo...It goes for all bell pepper colours. We eat them all the time too. So delicious.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Vashnie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, the first time I heard about this tip, I wrote it down for myself in my phone to try it out when I go shopping. After that it somehow stuck with me which one is which.

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

oh my gooodnesss....cracking up here. I never knew that :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jana:)

Art Farm said...

I never knew this!!! So helpful and I will continue to look at the bumps from here on out! Thank you, Diana!

Jennifer Archie said...

this is great info. thanks! love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, that is awesome! YAY!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Jennifer:)

Anonymous said...

Fascinating! Now I know what I'll be doing at the grocery store next week :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk