OMG, Who Stole My Ads?

Monday, February 17, 2014



Genius! If you are in Paris right now or planning to visit it soon, you might stumble upon Etienne Lavie’s awesome project that might just make you fall in love even more with this already pretty romantic city.

Well, here is what Etienne did: he replaced tons of ads and billboards all over Paris with reproductions of famous paintings. Yup! He just plastered them all around the city hoping to inspire and engage people on a whole new level by taking the museum experience to them and making the daily commute a cultural experience for those who don’t have the time or money to visit a museum where the originals are found. His project proves that art doesn't have to exist in a gallery or museum to be mind-blowingly stunning - it can be anywhere. Brilliant, wouldn’t you say so? I would love to see them in person, you? xo

P.S: Fancy a bit of vintage Paris?
P.P.S: Plus, 9 winter ways to get lost in Paris.

(via Design Scouting via My Modern Met)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative and my trip to Paris is way overduo by now. I need to make this happen soon.

Jillian Manesh said...

beautiful!!! i want to go back to paris! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

This is fabulous! I wish someone would do that over here :-)

Christianna said...

This is beyond awesome! I wish I was going back soon!

Art Farm said...

I love this! Absolutely brilliant!!! :)

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

This is a fabulous message of 'things to see instead of things to buy' I love it!

little t said...

Another thing to love about this beautiful city!

RAY said...

This is totally incredible. I love when the barrier between art and everyday people is broken and this is a beautiful example of it.

Bionica said...

woah the fact that Etienne just shared such photos replacing other ads is rather bold and fantastic
art at its absolute best ✌

-Bionica

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Genius! Much, much lovelier than anything that could have possibly been there beforehand :-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ah, I love Paris, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Jillian!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally true, Vanisha!

Diana Mieczan said...

Spot on, little t!

Diana Mieczan said...

RAY, I love what you said.

Diana Mieczan said...

Bionica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Elisa?

tutusandtea said...

This is utterly brilliant... Paris does no wrong in my eyes.. What's better than bringing the masterpieces to the streets for all to see and be inspired by daily?! Love it!!

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea, so spot on, lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk