NYC Neighbors

Thursday, February 20, 2014



Have you seen these photographs before? I can’t get enough of them. They are so beautiful, interesting, thought provoking and I must admit, a bit chilling too!


They were shot by Arne Svenson, a NYC photographer who a while ago created this series entitled Neighbors. Basically the whole series is about him capturing and revealing very intimate and personal moments of his Manhattan neighbors. He shows how the smallest glimpses of someone’s life can tell us so much about them and us, for that matter - as the strength of the imagery lies in the fact that we can see ourselves in the anonymous figures. Boy, oh boy, yet again it strikes me how limited privacy we really have when living in big cities with big windows and buildings all around. But on the other hand, we all enjoy a little sneak peek into someone else’s life from time to time, don’t we? Thoughts? xo

P.S: This series reminds me of the 'out my window' project from over a year ago.
P.P.S: Bird's eye view...

(via My Modern Met)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful yet scary thinking that someone can capture your private moments. This is one of the pros for leaving the city and moving to the countyside where there are only trees and lands all around. Jill

Christianna said...

These are all so beautifully creeptastic. I mean, these pictures make you think on so many different levels, don't they?

Jillian Manesh said...

this is such an interesting series! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Christianna :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Tiffany Kadani said...

A little creepy, but if someone leaves their windows open, I feel like they want to be seen.

Art Farm said...

Ooo! These are great and so voyeuristic! It has me wondering what the backstories are. Very thought provoking series.

Vanisha @ A Life Un-Styled said...

I LOVE these! Though I immediately thought, if someone were watching me and taking pictures of me I doubt I'd look as beautiful as the women in these pictures do! But I agree, people love getting a peak into the lives of others. It's one of the reasons I decided to do my A Day In The Life...posts/series xoxox
PS Sorry about the bombardment of comments, the last few days have been crazy!

Diana Mieczan said...

True, Tiffany.

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I can't stop thinking about those images.

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha, I LOVE your comments, sweetie. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk