Iceland, 25 Days, 16 Minutes, 1 Brave Girl

Wednesday, February 5, 2014



Darlings, would you embark on a solo trip around Iceland or any other destination? Blimey, during the summer of 2011, Klara Harden took a plunge and went on a solo 25-day-long pilgrimage through Iceland. In this breath-taking 16-minute short, Klara documented everything: the swoonworthy views, the difficult moments of being lost and the feeling of solo travelling. Oh boy, if you want to get a total travel lust, brew yourself a cuppa and watch her amazing adventure unfold. Honestly, if I didn’t love Iceland enough before, after watching this short, I am determined to get there very soon. What a special spot! Is there any place around the world you would like to see alone? xo

P.S: Last year Klara went to Madagascar and do you remember the land of giants?
P.P.S: A grown-up gap year and the impulsive traveller. Plus, a sassy GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!

(via Age Old Tree. Photos by/via ZsaZsa Bellagio, Chris Zielecki and This is Glamorous)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been playing with the idea of going around Europe on my own and this video makes me want it even more. Iceland is on my bucket list.

Roselie said...

Wow, STUNNING photos!

Krystal // Village said...

i'm a huge fan of solo trips, although i've only ever done w/e ones!

Jillian Manesh said...

what a beautiful place! so green!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Pamela Bates said...

those pictures are amazing. it looks stunning in every shot I've ever seen. I'd love to see it. I've never done solo (other than traveling back and forth to school). I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, I'm such a social person......and like sharing my travel experiences with someone else. thanks for sharing Diana. have a great day.

Chrissy said...

What an adventure! And such a beautiful scenery! Iceland is definitely on my bucket list! xxx

Art Farm said...

Wow! I will watch this doc later on tonight. These photos are absolutely stunning!! I would totally travel alone. I almost went on a trip around the UK solo, but then I ended up moving to Chicago and it did not work out. But it is something that I would love to do someday. It feels like it would be a good challenge and test of character.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Those photo's are absolutely stunning!

Steph said...

Beautiful photos. I've always wanted to go to Iceland. It seems a good place to sit and write and reflect and be inspired. I'd go on my own. I went to Dubai on my own. That was pretty fascinating...in a completely different way!

Inga HeiĆ°a said...

What a wonderful post :)
Iceland is one of the safest countries in the world so it is a good place to start travelling solo :) I think everyone should travel solo at some point, (for how long does not matter) it is such a great experience!
Welcome to Iceland ... xoxo Inga

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, what a fantastic plan!

Diana Mieczan said...

Krystal :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Jillian? I love all that green beauty:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela, good point!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy:) I want to go there too.

Diana Mieczan said...

How interesting, Katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Spot on, Steph:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Inga, are you from Iceland? I LOVE your comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk