"Hello Friend" Flowers

Thursday, February 6, 2014



On Saturday Balazs and I are going for a dinner over to our good friend's house to meet his (new) girlfriend. He is head-over-heels smitten with her so he made us promise not to tell her some of his embarrassing stories that happen to be actually pretty hilarious and great conversation starters. Anyway, so far, the only things I know about her are that she loves fresh flowers, she doesn’t wear makeup and that she is a vegan. So instead of going with the usual bottle of wine or some homemade dessert, I am planning to get her a bouquet of fresh flowers and wrap it in a sassy craft patterned paper with some twine and a cute hello tag.

What do you think? Good idea? What do you take with you when you're meeting someone for the first time? (Here is the how to if you fancy trying it yourself). xo

P.S: Also, oven baked cherry tomatoes make a great dinner party gift, as well as some jazzed up salt:)
P.P.S: India flower power and this Japanese flower garden.

(Photos by Piece of Cake Peace of Mind)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a great idea and if I was on the receiving end, I'd love it. Jill

Art Farm said...

What a lovely, lovely idea! Everyone loves flowers and you don't have worry about if they drink wine or like a certain variety, etc. Have a wonderful time meeting your friend's new love!

Ana Degenaar said...

I absolutely adore fresh flowers! yes!

Rachel Elizabeth said...

I think the flowers are a delightful idea. I'm hoping its not raining tomorrow so I can go to the farmer's market and pick up some of my own.

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I think fresh flowers are the best way to go, especially if you're meeting for the first time. Succulents could be quite nice too. I hope she loves them, I'm sure she will :)

Jillian Manesh said...

im sure she will love fresh flowers! who wouldnt :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Steph said...

Beautiful! I always love your little thoughtful gift suggestions. It's nice to give something a bit different. More memorable and more special!

Elsa de Diego said...

Exquisite idea! :) Sounds like a great evening! XO,

Diana Mieczan said...

You're so sweet, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, we had a great time.

Diana Mieczan said...

Ana :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rachel, great idea!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love succulents, Vanisha!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...Steph, you are the sweetest!

send flowers to philippines said...

Very sweet of you! Every girls loves flowers..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk