Grounding

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Have you heard of grounding? It’s a simple ritual of removing your shoes, and connecting with the earth for about 20 minutes every single day. 

Supposedly, if practiced regularly, it improves your stress level, helps you sleep better, improves blood flow in your body, lessens pain, recharges your energy levels and generally boosts your wellbeing. Doesn’t that sound awesome?

Well, when Chelsea posted about it a few days ago, I immediately thought it would be a great little ritual to start this upcoming spring, but then I remembered that some of you are lucky to live in a warmer climate, so you can start it right away. Anyway, Chelsea’s grounding ritual involves going out to the garden each morning, finding a mossy little bank, and sitting or standing bare foot for about 20 minutes drinking tea. Le sigh, special!

She also mentions that if she has a bad day, she grounds twice and the whole thing gives her a feeling of warm, positive energy through her body and it leaves her feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!

Blimey, I was already really looking forward to spring but after this, I can hardly wait. Would you try it? I am marking my calendar for spring already :) xo

P.S: You can read more about grounding here.
P.P.S: And 30 minutes to yourself in (silence).

(Photos by Jonah/Reenders and Allison Farrand)

18 comments:

Jillian Manesh said...

interesting idea! might have to wait until spring to do it! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Jillian Manesh said...

interesting idea! might have to wait until spring to do it! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

Walks on the beach barefoot do it for me

Krystal // Village said...

oo thats a fun idea! so cold though :)

Pretty Zesty said...

I do this all the time at my dad's house. It's more of a ritual there for me because I can just hop outside. In NYC I don't really do it. Maybe the few times I go to the park in summer but that is it. Wish I was closer to grass... :o(

ps...my blog is for the most part all refreshed... No more Behold the Metatron. I still have to transfer the old url but that will take a few weeks. ha

kristen
www.prettyzesty.com

Vintage Market Place said...

oh sounds very cool
I want to start this for sure!
Amy

Art Farm said...

This sounds like a such a lovely idea! I'm totally going to try it once this polar vortex leaves the Midwest!

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

This made me smile, it might be called 'grounding' but in places like Fiji it is a way of life. Even when I'm living away from Fiji, it's a habit, kicking off the shoes and feeling the earth beneath my feet xoxox

Liz Halle said...

This is just amazing. I am also going to begin to do this in the Spring. Sadly the winter does not seem to be leaving the Boston area anytime soon

xox Liz

Steph said...

Oh that sounds amazing. It's pretty chilly here though, and not much grass. Wish I had a garden. I'd definitely go barefoot in it every day drinking tea. What could be better?

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How wonderful, Jana:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a sweet ritual, Kristen:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Stay cozy, Katie! xo

Diana Mieczan said...

I so want to be in Fiji right now, Vanisha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Liz, I am totally waiting for spring now. I am totally over winter too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Steph!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk