exPress-o Film Club: Frances Ha

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Last week Balazs and I finally watched Frances Ha! I wanted to catch this film for a few months now and it didn’t disappoint. Have you seen it? What did you think?

The whole film was shot in black and white and mostly in NYC which gave an incredibly nostalgic vibe to the story. At times it reminded me of Woody Allen’s ingeniousness especially during the running scene. (Watch out for it). The story is about 27-year-old Frances who is kind-of-a-mess (in a very good way) and struggles with friendships, relationships, passions, loneliness and most of all, constant disappointments. Nevertheless, she stays true to herself which makes her one of the most delightful and oddly heroic characters I had the pleasure of watching on the screen. So if you are in the mood for some incredibly witty dialogues, perfect comedian timing and a truly clever story, this film is totally for you!

Bits and bobs:
- The film was written by Noah Baumbach and Greta Gerwig. They are actually a couple and a brilliant one.
"People are at their best, when things are worst".
- Love was in the air...
- I can't wait for Noah's this new film to hit the screens.
- THAT moment...that person...that love - my favourite scene from the film.
- Last films I saw with Greta were Lola Versus and To Rome With Love and ever since then, I can't get enough of that girl.
Mickey Sumner played Greta's best friend and now I can't wait to see her in Missed Connections.
- There is also Michael Esper, Adam Driver from Girls and Michael Zegen.
- Greta and Mickey on the film.
- Noah on working with his partner.
- Greta is the new poster girl for Generation Y.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that you might be in the mood for.

(Photos via IMDb)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my all time fave movies are b&w. Can't wait to watch this, thanks.

RAY said...

This movie is one of the best I've seen in the last ten years. I connected to Frances in such a strong way that I loved every last detail of the film. x

Mary Jo said...

I did catch it a few months ago--it's such a blast of nyc. Definitely a fun watch and I saw that it's on netflix now :)

xo Mary Jo
http://MagicalMined.blogspot.com

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

Your film club posts are where I derive my 'to watch' list from! I hope Buffer is doing okay? xoxox

Tish said...

I love and agree wholeheartedly with your critique. Loved that movie! Had to share with my bestie.

Melina said...

Ooh, thanks for sharing your review. I need a good movie to watch this weekend and this sounds like a great choice!

Beatriz Ramirez said...

i always see this on the recommended movies on netflix and had no idea what it was or if it would be good.
i'm sold, watching it tonight as i make reeds:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ray, totally with you on that and I felt that connection in a way too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, yes...the whole film is very New York City, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Vanisha!!! I love that and thanks for asking about Buffer:) Yes, he is better. His sugar level went down but they worry about his liver now. He is old-er so things like that will happen...It's so sad to see him so passive.

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish, YAY!

Diana Mieczan said...

Melina, you will love it! Enjoy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Beatriz, it's a must see! (how did you like it?)

Monica | Hola!design said...

looks so good! I'm going to watch it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica, I bet you'll like it!

Relydesign said...

I watched it during last weekend and i love it! It reminded me of Woody Allen too... :D

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Relydesign:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk