exPress-o Film Club: Drinking Buddies

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Have you seen Drinking Buddies? It’s a 2013 comedy/drama with an amazing cast of Olivia Wilde, Jake Johnson, Anna Kendrick and Ron Livingston. It’s one of those stories that doesn’t give you answers and it teases you with several outcome possibilities. As in any situation where there is beer, people who fancy each other and heartbreak, there will also be tons of complications, stolen smooches, late night swims, awkward silences, blame and not to mention the sexual tension between “just” friends who are already involved with someone else. Sticky business! The whole story talks about today’s 30-something friends who have obvious chemistry but the timing is totally wrong.

A must see with a glass of beer...or two...or three ;-)

Bits and bobs:
- The actors had an outline for the film but they didn't have set lines to deliver, so the whole dialogue was mostly improvised - can you imagine?
- There were also encouraged by director/writer Joe Swanberg to "get lost in the moment" while filming and allow everything fall into place organically.
- Hilarious - since they all drank real beer while shooting, Anna Kendrick actually shot one whole scene while being pretty tipsy:)
- Olivia on skinny dipping (in the film).
- Olivia and Jake have a brilliant chemistry - check it out!
- Yup, Jake Johnson loves drunk acting - giggle!
- Olivia seems to me like a great person.
- If Olivia could describe her co-star Jake in 3 words, she would say...
- Nick Miller best moments - I love New Girl, you?
- And speaking of New Girl, you should plan a game night:)
- Giggle - Jake's dancing skills:)
- He is adorable.
- Have you seen Olivia in In Time? She was brilliant.
- Whenever I think of Anna, I always remember how wonderful she was in Up in the Air.
- And she has this film coming up that I can't wait to see.
- Ron Livingston and Chelsea - brilliant!
- Giggle!
- Jake on what comes first: the right timing or the right girl. What do you think?

P.S: And a few other films you might fancy watching.
P.P.S: Plus 10 life lessons I learned from Seinfeld and 10 feel good films of my 20s!

(Photos via IMDb)


Vintage Market Place said...

Yes loved it!
I just saw it a few weeks ago and it was eerily similar to myself in my 20's. It read like my life.
So it was really interesting for me to see and relate to it so deep.

Art Farm said...

I've been meaning to watch this! It was filmed in Chicago!! I always love watching movies filmed in the city I live in. It's fun to spot locations. Love all these actors!!

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I just watched the trailer and cannot wait to watch the movie! Thanks for sharing Diana :)

LyddieGal said...

Some of my favorite actors! I'll have to check it out!
Chic on the Cheap

naveen said...

nice trailer don't know how movie will be

Eliza Jane said...

I think the right girl/boy comes before the right time. My Fella and I were the right ones for each other, but the timing wasn't right. For five years, the timing wasn't right. Then it suddenly was.

Mary Jo said...

Oh this looks like a lot of fun, definitely on my list of movies to see.

xo Mary Jo

Pamela Bates said...

this looks right up my alley. love a little character study. i'll have to look for it!

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, oh yes, I read somewhere that it was filmed in Chicago:) Thanks for the reminder.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Vanisha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Eliza! Love your comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk