Clementine Candles

Tuesday, February 4, 2014




Are you snacking on clementines? I still can't get enough of them, so over the weekend after yet another clementine-feast, we tried Erin's nifty idea of transforming our clementine shells into wonderful little candles. Yup, we placed the shells on a tray in the living room, lit them up and watched films while they were glowing in the dark. Best part: all you need is the empty fruit peels and some olive oil - that is it! The only tricky thing is leaving the pith in the shell when you take out the fruit, as it becomes your wick. It takes a few tries to light, but when it does, it stays for long! Would you try it? (Here are the step-by-step instructions). xo

P.S: Plus, clementines in wine.
P.P.S: Life's little winter moments.

(Photos by Erin Boyle for Gardenista)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got a bag a few days ago so tonight afer work I will try this. I love recycling type of ideas.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, me too, Anonymous:)

Jessica said...

So cute! I bet it smells good too. :-)

Jillian Manesh said...

i LOVE clementines lately :) and this idea is so cute. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

That is SO cool and this is my husband's favorite fruit! I'll have to try it next time!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

what a cool idea!

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I eat my weight in clementines when they are in season. This sounds delightful - I'll definitely try it!

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

Fun! I loooove clementines :)

Tiffany Kadani said...

What?! Amazing. Seriously. And I bet they smell oh so good.

Pretty Zesty said...

These look so pretty!

kristen
www.prettyzesty.com

Art Farm said...

I bet this smelled amazing! What a great idea. I just bought a bag of clementines this weekend. My favorite! Have a good day, my dear!

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

Oh wow! I can't wait to try these. I hope we can find some this weekend.

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I especially love the colour of this sunny fruit. Reminds one of islands in sun!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jessica, yes, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here, Hannah. I LOVE them:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, oh-so-good!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Fingers crossed, Vanisha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...wonderful, Chic 'n Cheap Living :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk