5 Minutes To Glowing Winter Skin

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Yesterday was a rough day so after we got back from the vet's, I took a long bath, slipped into my cozy PJ's and enjoyed this little 5 minute facial herb steam of fresh mint, rosemary and basil that I picked up on the way home. I've been totally hooked on it for the past few weeks as it’s weirdly refreshing, yet totally relaxing and my face always feels so smooth afterwards. Best part, if you can't get fresh herbs, you can just use herbal teas like peppermint, lavender or chamomile. (Here is the how to if you fancy treating yourself tonight). Would you? Do you do old-fashioned streams?

P.S: Missed you yesterday. Thank you for all the emails about Buffer. It seems that he is slowly but surely getting back to himself.
P.P.S: And this awesome sleep salve.

(Photo by Melissa O'Hearn for Clementine Daily)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe I never had a steam before? I think it's time to try it. Jill

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I almost never steam! I always have chamomile tea, I'll give it a try.

Diana Mieczan said...

You totally should give it a go, Jill:) It's so relaxing.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love the smell of chamomile, so relaxing, Marieken:)

Mandy Doornenbal said...

Sounds amazing for the skin, i try this!

Jillian Manesh said...

this sounds wonderful! my skin has been so dry this winter, i need to try it out. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

It sounds refreshing and so easy! I have a lot of rosemary and should figure out if there are skin benefits to it!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Merry Meri said...

Not sure what type of animal Buffer is, but if he/she's yours, I'm sure he's adorable and loved (and hopefully on the mend!) xox, m

LyddieGal said...

Sounds so delightful and refreshing, I've really forgotten how great a bath can be.

Chic on the Cheap

Punctuation Mark said...

anything with these herbs is a winner for me... will definitely try it!

little t said...

Such a nice, easy, idea... and I have these herbs!

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I love steaming. I really should make a point of doing it more often, especially when we have herbs 'left over'.

Art Farm said...

That sounds fantastic! I've never thought of adding herbs to a steam facial. Glad to hear everything is getting better with Buffer! xo

Krystal // Village said...

that sounds so luxurious, love the idea. and best wishes for buffer :(

Diana Mieczan said...

Mandy :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, totally...My skin was SO dry last month and this really helped:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, I read that rosemary is great for skin. Helps your skin look glowy and fresh. And also, somewhere it said that it tones and firms skin.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Meri! Buffer is our 12-year-old dog (Westie). Since he is older he started to develop diabetes and some liver problems. So yesterday we did more tests and finally got his sugar pretty much in order.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love baths, Lyddie:) They are so relaxing.

Diana Mieczan said...

Punctuation Mark, awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha:) Good point. I will try to time my steams like that too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, Katie:) You're a sweetheart.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Krystal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk