Women + Food

Monday, January 27, 2014


Eating cereals in a bathtub, snacking on peaches in the bed - does it sound familiar? Have you ever indulged in a little naughty-bathtub snack after a long-tiring day? Lee Price is a painter who created those super photorealistic self-portraits that touch a very fragile topic - woman’s relationship with food. As Tshepo ingeniously points out: 'women are taught to be givers, to nurture others at the expense of their own needs and food for some reason is one way we women have chosen to give back to ourselves - to attempt to nurture ourselves.'

Food for thought with a dash of saddness...yet so brilliant, if you ask me! Thoughts? xo

P.S: Foodie confessions...
P.P.S: Literature + food and those awesome food flags.

(via Sho & Tell)

16 comments:

Pamela Bates said...

Wow. I really thought they were photographs..amazing. and very thought provoking.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

very thought-provoking and beautiful! love this!

Mary Jo said...

I love this post and have missed your fun reads this past week! So true, I snack in the worst places--in bed and at my desk are the worst offenders, lol!
xo Mary Jo

Mary Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martie said...

This is very true!

I thought I got it wrong, couldn´t believe these are paintings and not photographs!!!!

Chrissy said...

Those are paintings? Wow, I really thought they were photos! How incredibly talented! Amazing! xxx

Kathy said...

why oh why are we so dang hungry all the time???

Diana Mieczan said...

Pamela, I thought they were photographs at first too...They are really amazing, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..Mary Jo, I missed you too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, crazy how good they are, don't you think?

Diana Mieczan said...

Yup, Chrissy! Mind-blowing, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Kathy, I have no clue, lovely :)

Polly Rowan said...

Ha it's an interesting subject isn't it- women do have a different relationship to food than men. Yes I had a banana and chocolate muffin in the bath on Sunday! I usually like chocolate or treats in the bath, with a book and candle :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, a banana and chocolate muffin sounds lovely:)

Tiffany Kadani said...

Incredible! Wow. I did think they were photographs.

This is both painful and enlightening.

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, so very true!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk