When was the last time you...?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My lovelies, how about another round of getting to know each other? It's only fair since we are on a roll anyway, plus I really adore those little chats of ours. Here is my little secret: I often write down your little tips you leave in the comments or send me by email and save them for later when I feel like I need a little pick-me-up. I open the folder and go through them. They work like ice-cream on a 5 year old:)

So let’s continue, shall we? I’ll go first:

The last time I got dress up and had a really great night out was last night. Here is more on that.

The last time I treated myself to something little was this morning when I bought a single cream coloured tulip on my way back from the dog walk - it’s looking dashing on my desk right now and makes me hopeful that spring is coming (hopefully) soon!

And the thing I can’t stop daydreaming about is all things babies. I’m having a pretty bad case of baby-fever that keeps me wanting to pick up every single child I see on the street and give them a good cuddle:) Blimey!

Now your turn, when was the last time you got all dressed up and had a jolly good time, treated yourself to something tiny that made you happy, and what are you daydreaming about lately? Do tell! xo

P.S: Emotional photo encounters.
P.P.S: Ubuntu - I am because we are!

(Photos by Kate Arends, Elizabeth Weinberg, via Hawaiian Coconut)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fun...last time I had fun was at New Year's Eve party with my husband and our friends. I recently treated myself to a spa treatment and it was magical, and ever since last summer I am daydreaming about going to one of the Greek islands after my brother came back and told us all about them.

Melissa Cook said...

Hey Diana (: I'm bored so I decided to participate today (:

The last time I got all dressed up was last Sunday when my parents spoke in our church. I wore the skirt I splurged on for our family Christmas pictures. Something tiny that made me feel special was a little DIY kit for statement earrings. I'll probably never wear them but they made me feel great just holding them in my hand when they were finished. I am daydreaming about the day I have a little girl and we can play dress up and have miniature tea parties.

Fashion art and other fancies said...

This is such fun! I get all dressed up at least once a month!

Art Farm said...

This is so sweet that you save comments and emails! I love that!

It's been quite awhile since I've gotten dressed up. I think it was for a friend's wedding in September. Jeez! That's too long. Must rectify that!

I treated myself over the weekend and bought a nice, new hairbrush. Now I'm doing the cliche 100 strokes at night.

And after being cooped up inside due to the brutally cold temperatures in Chicago, I'm daydreaming of redecorating my apartment!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love your little secret. i have a rainy day stash of notecards from friends. words are so powerful!

also loved this post. i got a pinch of baby fever being around my niece during christmas!

Jillian Manesh said...

i have been daydreaming about having a baby! it wont be for a while but i cant help but get excited about babies when i see them :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Bryony said...

The last time I got all dressed up was a few months ago for dinner out with the husband. My last little treat was a mocha latte and biscotti after a day running errands. And my current daydream is about when I'll be able to go to the gym again! It'll be nice to have that time to recharge my batteries after all day at home with my babies!

Akshara Vivekananthan said...

Fun post! The last time I got all dressed up was actually for college graduation. My last treat for myself was when I bought a scarf I had been eyeing for awhile. And I am currently daydreaming about Spring- I want nonstop sunshine, bright blue skies, birds chirping, flowers blooming, and the grass oh so green! :)

Steph said...

Hm, last time I really got dressed up and had a great time out was on my birthday in Spain just after Christmas.

Last time I treated myself to something small was last weekend when I went to my favourite bookshop in London (Daunt) and stocked up on reading material for the next month or two.

What I can't stop daydreaming about? My wedding this coming June and the excitement of the future that will follow with plenty of new adventures!

Elsa de Diego said...

Excellent idea!
#1: Last Saturday. We had an anticipated Bday celebration (it was on the 13th)
#2 Last Friday: I hit Zara sales to get a few updates :) You can do no wrong!
#3 Ay, ay, ay...I have baby fever too! :)

So sweet what you said about keeping your readers' notes! :) Muah!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, spa sounds awesome, Anonymous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Melissa, I love the tea-party idea:) So sweet!

Diana Mieczan said...

Wonderful, Fashion art and other fancies:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I so should start the 100 strokes at night as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

Ilene :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, babies are so adorable, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Bryony, latte and biscotti = yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

I can't wait for spring as well, Akshara :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...June wedding sounds magical, Steph! Huge congrats, darling.

Diana Mieczan said...

Good reminder about Zara, Elsa. Thanks for that! I love their stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk